Mens Weekend Trail Run/Walk Challenge - February

Options
Hey MFP Fam,

I thought it would be a great idea to start a run/walk challenge for the Month of February at local trails on the weekends. Then report back here at the end of the weekend to tell each other about the trail and the total miles completed. To Participate You "DO NOT" have to do a trail each weekend but at least 2 weekend out of this month to make this interesting. If you want to do more than one trail in a weekend every weekend this month that is fine too!

If the weather does not allow you to go outdoors in your area and indoor track or treadmill may be used but would definitely like this challenge to be done by trail (or streets for jogging events) if possible.

You can find great events and meet-up groups at local tracks and trails on:
active.com
meetup.com
trails.com.

If you are interested please reply letting me know the "total number of miles you hope to complete for February". Your Goal!

At the end of each weekend (On Monday) I will post a spread sheet with the total miles completed by each participant (and how far they are from their February Goal).

At the end of the month we will have 3 winners. The 3 winners will be the men who have completed the most miles by February 28th.

If there is enough interest I am hoping to create a new Mens Weekend Trail Run/Walk Challenge thread each month.

My Goal - Minimum of 6 miles for the month of February.
The first Trail I plan on completing sometime this weekend is Island Ford Trail.

Happy Trailing!

Replies

• wowzer
    wowzer Posts: 18
    Options
    I game! Sounds like a great Idea!

I will follow the trail near my house - 3.25 miles - so 13 miles is my goal.

thanks for the incentive.
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Team! Probably not the best time of the year for the trail walks for everyone but hopefully we can get a nice challenge going!
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey bro this is a great idea!! I won't be able to participate until the month of April though. I can't stand getting on the treadmill, but you have my word once April comes I'm going to be pounding the pavement.

Curt
  • thomasvision
    Options
    No problem Curt. We will see you in April
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I got your back, buddy. Not starting until next weekend, though. Too focused on the Super Bowl right now.
  • thomasvision
    Options
    Thank man! Oh, I know what you mean. We are going to have a little Healthy SuperBowl Party too!

Go Jets - oh they didn't make it :-(
  • thomasvision
    Options
    Okay guys. My family and I did 2.2 miles today. It is 62 degrees with just a little chill in the air. I took pictures from our hike today really pretty trail! I will add them as soon as I get back home. Were still at the trail now and about to picnic.

Oh I have a galaxy tab and I have runkeeppro on it. It is so cool. It tells you while your walk how far youve went so far and your pace and calories burned. It was a nice addition to our walk.

Hope you guys work was just as nice!
  • thomasvision
    Options
    Hey guys,

I am hooked on the trails. Went back again today and did 5 more miles. Will upload pics soon. Also I am going to open up this thread to everyone so will make a new one once I get home.