I just want a chocolate bar!

Options
I've been actively doing the whole MFP thing since Jan 1 and I've lost 13lbs.
But I just want that chocolate bar! I'm a huge choco-holic. I've had the thinsations and low cal pudding and all that stuff. But nothing beats that chocolatey/caramely/peanuty goodness!

Anyone feeling this way?

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love chocolate too. Moderation?
  • Slammedtoys
    Options
    dark chocolate is your friend
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I bought the Dove Dark Chocolate "Smooth and Silky" pieces. I eat three (126 cal). Dark chocolate is good for you (in moderation of course!) anyway!

Yum yum yum.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    If it's getting to you that much you should have some chocolate otherwise you might "snap" and binge and then feel extremely guilty or even give up.
    Instead of buying some cheap chocolate bar buy one or two pieces of quality dark chocolate from places such as Godiva or a health food store. With dark chocolate(70%) you don't need a lot to satisfy the craving. Good Luck.
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    Eat a small good quality chocolate. I keep the Dove promises on hand for that reason. They are small and you can suck on it like hard candy it will last for a while. Enjoy.
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    Options
    sounds like you're talking about a snickers.. one of my favorites. I buy a bag of the fun size ones and then I have my husband put them up on a really high shelf (he's 6'10) when I really want one I have to ask him for it.. which helps me not to ask for more than one and helps me ration them out. I spose if the craving got bad enough I could stand on a chair.. but I think just the feeling that I know they are there if I "really" need one is soothing enough LOL
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Log one into your food diary and eat the rest of your day's calories accordingly. I still eat everything I want to. Granted, I have always eaten rather healthy, but I still eat Heath chocolate bars and snickers!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too! I think I would eat a pile of dirt covered in chocolate!LOL I have found two things that help me, one is a new chocolate pretzel bar by Special K and the other is Dove Bliss dark chocolate squares. Both are delicious and satisfies my craving without doing damage. Also dark chocolate is good for ya!! The Dove squares come in a bag and I usually have about three which is around 100 calories and Special K bar is 90 cals!!
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I love chocolate too, and reese's. My solution? I drink the arbonne protein shake chocolate which actually tastes like chocolate, and then through a scoop of peanut butter in as well and mix... very yummy and filling, not so many calories
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I buy Lindt Dark Chocolate with touch of sea salt. 2 squares - about 100 calories.
  • princess_f
    Options
    if you want it, have it!! Refusing yourself a thing you love will never work, have it in moderation then you wont miss it as much!!
  • jules_02
    jules_02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge chocolalcholic myself. It was tough for a while without chocolate but I've finally found the moderation button. I'm a plain milk chocolate fan so when I need a chocolate fix I have 3 hershey kisses (67 cals) and savor them. Even if I have 3 pieces a couple days in a row for my fix, it's doesn't bust the bank on calories.

I tried the 100 cal pak of chocolate cookies or oreos but it leaves me wanting more.

I think a candy bar once every couple weeks isn't going to hurt your weightloss, just rearrange your calories to eat less of something else to enjoy it.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Have the real deal! Just have ONE serving!
  • FatCopThinCop
    FatCopThinCop Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on your weight-loss and your little person in the picture. My wife and I have three. They are fun and a lot of hard work.. Enjoy..

Also, I noticed that you want some Sweet Food. Very cool. You know what, you can have it. My wife and I came accross "Healthy choices, Fundge Bar Chocotate Ice Cream." It is very good and low in the Cal. Department and even has a little Protien. The best I can tell you is that it reminds me of a DOVE BAR. The are just as good and I think may even be better thant the Dove Bar.

Anyways, Let me know what you think when you give them a try...

Enjoy,

Paul Crews
    W. Sacramento, Ca:bigsmile:
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Have it. Moderation is key. I still have my chocolate-just smaller. I now buy kisses to keep around for such occassions. Also-they just came out with Hershey Drops-Just bought some today to try.
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I got a big box of Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolate balls for Christmas. I started MFP on 12/28/10 (exactly five months before my wedding!) and felt like the chocolates were taunting me. What I do now is if I'm under my allowance and have worked out on a given day, I allow myself one (ok, sometimes two) chocolates. They're 73 calories each, so it doesn't break the calorie bank.

As some other folks have said, moderation is key!! Get your favorite and portion it out in a way that won't kill the day. Depriving yourself entirely is the quickest way to self-destruct a diet, so treat yourself now and then.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    If it is killing you......I would have it. Then you will be happy for a while....until you need it again. (moderation and planning is the key) :wink:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    I agree with all those who say have it, but in moderation. Maybe have half and bar and share with someone else. Log the calories and eat less of something else for today to keep your calories in line. Even though people will talk about good food and bad food, for a generally healthy person with no food allergies the thing that makes a bad food bad is the amount you eat. A chocolate bar will not hurt your diet as long as you realize that means eating less of something else that would probably keep you feeling full longer. I have lost over 60 pounds and there were times I just had to have a Big Mac. I didn't eat them all the time. I had maybe one every 2 or 3 months. When I did, I ate less of other things to keep my calories within the amount allowed for that day. It was when I resisted that on and on that eventually I would break down and not just have a Big Mac, but have a large fry and the shake which would blow my calories for the day. Better to avoid the binge, and enjoy in moderation.

Another tip. Doing your workout while it will not burn off those calories if you think you will go over and just work out more, it will help you use that part of your brain that instead of being simply driven by your desire can say no, logically I don't actually need this right now. I mention that because some foods for some people are such that you can't just eat one. At least, you can't easily. Working out then can help.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I allow myself treats every so often-I know that if I deny something completely I will ultimately give up and over do it. A little bit here and there isn't bad or wrong. Sometimes I stay within my calorie goals for the day sometimes I go over --no biggie.

So go have some chocolate just not too much of it at once.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes and dark chocolate is not as sweet.