Low calorie ideas for superbowl sunday

Options
Anyone have any good recipes that my husband would like? He HATES anything that's healthy or "diety" so if I have to be sneaky I will! I just want some simple healthy suggestions for things I can cook for gametime.

Oh, and GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :laugh: :love: :heart:

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    we are doing a seafood bake!! delish.
  • summerstarr
    summerstarr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    how about a spinach dip? you can make it with low fat or fat free sour cream and 2% cheese and eat it with celery-he can eat it with chips! check out allrecipes.com for recipes or cookinglight.com.

hope that helps :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    guacamole? Its a snacky thing, but pretty healthy. Salsa can be very good too.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Homemade nachos and salsa. You can take wholewheat tortilla raps and cut them like nachos, spray with very little cooking spray and toss in the oven until crispy. Dip in salsa.
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    How about a dip made with greek yogurt as the base? It rich, creamy and fat free! I would use it in place of sour cream.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili- he doesn't have to know ur using ground turkey instead of beef- that's one of my favorite secrets!
    Also, you could do a delite pizza from papa murphys! Those are usually our "football" meals!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I make the "7 layer" dip that you can spoon onto whole wheat tortillas but sub in lean ground turkey instead of ground beef, add a layer of refried black beans, black olives, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, low fat cheese, and use light sour cream. Tastes like the full fat version!
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    ohhh superbowl sunday
    my diet is out the window that day.. completely!!
    but Im going to do well the whold week after that!

good luck!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I make the "7 layer" dip that you can spoon onto whole wheat tortillas but sub in lean ground turkey instead of ground beef, add a layer of refried black beans, black olives, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, low fat cheese, and use light sour cream. Tastes like the full fat version!

Ohhhhhhhh...I like this idea! Sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    BUMP. i like these suggestions for any "get together"!