Please give me motivational thoughts! Esp at work!

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I need something to motivate me when I reach for that donut! It is so hard to avoid free goodies at work! I sometimes just grab them then feel so bad after!

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    I need something to motivate me when I reach for that donut! It is so hard to avoid free goodies at work! I sometimes just grab them then feel so bad after!
  • Try taking fruit with you to work. When you want a doughnut... eat an apple or some grapes' :smile:
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Instead of grabbing the food. Take a walk around the office or walk a couple flights of stairs. Your endorphins will help you feel better and beat the craving. You won't want it anymore. You're not really hungry...just bored at work!
    Good luck!:tongue:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    I always have little healthy snacks to much on... like Welch's Dried fruit.. fresh cut fruit... carrots. Try staying out of the break room or wherever those goodies are and just munch on your healthy snacks. It also helps to drink lots of water... you'll feel full and won't think that you're hungry :)
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    I agree with the water suggestion. If your stomach feels really full, you won't feel much like eating sweets on top of that. Even tea is good once the weather starts getting cooler.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Log that doughnut into the food log. Once you try to justify its calories, you'll find something else to get your hands on!!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Here's what I think...a donut is what, $.49??

So just because it's free, or just because someone brought in birthday cake, or just because there's a candy jar on someone's desk...it's just not worth it. If you really, really want it, go to the donut store and buy it yourself. Chances are, you won't. Fat is cheap, right? So is the fact that it's free really worth the excuse to eat it? There's a reason you are able to shop and avoid ALL of that cheap fatty goodness, so use those same reserves of strength when someone brings something in to the office.

I have to apply this principle every day, and believe me, I really really struggle with it. I work on a TV show and every meal of every day is fully catered and there are tables of free food 24 hours a day. It's like working in Charlie's Chocolate Factory or a Vegas buffet.

When all else fails, I picture the donut with pubic hair on it. Gross, I know, but it works for me when nothing else does.

Not sure how motivational that was...LOL.
  • I love what Wanderinglight had to say. It's true- think about yourself and what YOUR long term goal is. Look at how far you have come & then ask yourself if a donut is worth it to to stall your progress.

My boss brings pastries to work ALL the time when she knows we're trying to lose weight. I used to think that she was being evil trying to sabotage our efforts but you know what? There will ALWAYS be someone or something that will railroad one's efforts. It's up to us to think about OURSELVES and decide what's best for us..

I know I'm rambling on & on but I sure hope it helps..

Good Luck, we're ALL in this together!
This discussion has been closed.