Meeting calorie goal but over my sugar goal

Options
Everytime I seem to meet my calorie goal or become close to it, I have gone over my sugar goal by my first meal of the day. How does one control their sugar intake when you're trying to meet a calorie goal and sugar?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you need to choose your food differently. Take a look at carbs which always have the most sugars in them. Cut back on high sugar fruit, stick with berries or grapefruit.
  • nlfrancis
    Options
    I've have noticed the same thing, the foods I thought wouldn't be high in sugar were (yogurt?) - so now I am looking at the foods I eat more closely.
  • meglane
    Options
    i personally just don't eat processed foods. I will eat bread but good bread that doesn't contain a lot of sugar. Sugar is in everything! like milk, cheese, bread, sweets, etc etc. Start eating things such as fruit to curb your sweet cravings. I notice when I have simple things like a tall soy latte my sugars are much higher than normal.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I took a little look at your food diary and see you like grapes. I think grapes are one of the fruits out there with some of the highest sugar count. I'd stick to raspberries, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon..even those things in moderation b/c the sugar adds up so quickly it seems! I have the same problem but after doing research I think these are some of the best fruits with low - medium sugar content. Also, most processed food seems to be jacked up with tons of added sugars..so stay away from that as much as you can :) Also, you can get natural sugars from veggies as well..things like celery, broccoli, caluiflower..etc. Hope this helps some!
  • olpbabe
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the sugars from fruits and veggies...those are natural sugars, and have way more health benefits! It's all the processed sugars that suck...stay away from processed food and sweets.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Most man made carbs (anything that comes in a pretty package) are high in sugar. Cut that stuff out, get your natural sugar from fruits and veggies. Even some of the fruits are high in sugar so if your looking to limit that too, check to see which fruit is less.