53 lbs lost (with pics)

Options
ron2282
ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
So I decided that since I’m home sick today and actually have time, I’d post this now.

I’ve been overweight my whole life; with a few exceptions almost everyone in my family is overweight so I didn’t see much of a problem. My husband met and married me when I was very close to my heaviest and never once complained about my weight, so I really saw no reason to be concerned until I got sick. On Christmas Eve of 2009 I was in and out of the hospital with severe stomach pains. A million tests later showed only one problem – I was fat. Thankfully I have a very nice doctor who worded it a little nicer than that, but that was the gist of it. I was 204 pounds and 6 months away from being put on medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes. What scared me the most was the long list of complication I would have if I were to get pregnant at that weight. I was only married for 6 months at that point, but I knew I eventually wanted children. I decided that in 2010 I was going to lost 50 pounds. After a few months I revised my goal to lose 54 pounds, just to get to an even weight. I was 1 pound away from my goal weight with no health problems whatsoever when I found out I’m pregnant. Yea!!!! :bigsmile: So now I’m focusing on continuing to stay as healthy as possible during my pregnancy.

Here are some before and after pictures, if I can get them to work.

I honesty have no idea how much I weighed in the first 2 pictures. I had not reached my heaviest yet and didn’t own a scale.

8218_156362002646_646747646_2826573_895569_n.jpg

eeekk.jpg

The next 2 were taken at my friends wedding in October 2010. Notice the collarbones I didn’t know I had!

66317_446284382646_646747646_5461148_4758075_n.jpg

now.jpg

This last one is the only full body picture I could find of me. I’m too sick and scary looking today to snap one now. It was taken just the other week.

164560_490450497646_646747646_6117874_2841885_n.jpg

Replies

• momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on the weight loss and the baby!!! Enjoy!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic! Congrats on the baby as well :) Hope you get to feeling better!
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Fantastic....well done :smile:
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! You look great. Congrats on the baby. :)
  • pawprint061
    Options
    You look awesome.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and not too mention now that you are smaller and healthier the baby will be healthier than as if you didnt. CONGRADS!! :)
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You should be so proud of yourself!! Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    *DOUBLE POSTED* :tongue:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! Congrats on your loss and congrats on the baby too!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Quadruple congrats!!!!
  • oldscratch
    Options
    REMARKABLE!! SO PROUD OF U!
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    You're beautiful! Great job and congrats on the baby.
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done! :wink:
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    Awesome !!! What a remarkable change you were already beautiful but now leaner and congrats on your pregnancy !!! :)
  • goatstew
    Options
    You've done so well, congrats! I wish you health in your pregnancy and so much happiness with the little one once it arrives!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON BOTH!! U LOOK GREAT
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!
    Well done :0) x
  • jess804
    jess804 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow you did fabulous and congrats on the gift of life:) I am in the same situation I have always been overweight but with a few exceptions. I am currently at 212 and i am only 5'4" I am only 10 lbs away from my delivery weight :( My daughter is 11. I have gained 62 lbs in the course of the last 3 years and have just now gotten serious about taking control. How did you do it? Any advice please?
  • calaiasa
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! I started out at the same weight you did (204lbs) and I'm now at 166lbs. I'm half there to my ideal weight of 130 lbs. Your post has totally motivated me to keep going! Great job again and congrats on your weight loss and your bundle of joy : )
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    You look amazing!! And the pink dress you're in is the dress my bridesmaids are wearing except the exact opposite...black dress, hot pink sash! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!