"Back Fat"

Options
Can anyone shed some light on how to lose the back fat and bulge around the waist?

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You have to eat at a calorie deficit and do cardio. HIIT would be preferred.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Just keep watching your calories and doing cardio to burn the fat. You can't spot reduce, but as you lose fat, it will eventually come off from those areas as well.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    DITTO
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio & more Cardio!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Cardio, running / jogging / even power walking worked for me, also boxing style exercises. I don't really think spot reducing exists but the cardio I mentioned helped me a lot in that area
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Also, it is one of the last things to completely disappear. I still have some at <13% Bodyfat.
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well I could say the obvious, reduce fat, reduce your fat. Saw part of "The Doctors" yesterday, they basically said that we need to keep up healthy less fact and more exercise for a least a year before we'll see significant loss around our waist area. This explain why, even though I carry my weight there it is certainly the last place to go. I do find that boxing, punching, and rowing make me feel firmer, especially in that back fat area. Might not be what you want to hear, maybe someone else will have better news.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
  • smgarrison
    smgarrison Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!! I have been doing cardio and other Beachbody routines for the past couple of years but it seems like all the fat/skin all around my waist is just not going anywhere! It's pretty depressing :(
  • tammiejay
    Options
    That is a good question. I am doing some research on this subject myself. I will keep you posted
  • smgarrison
    smgarrison Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch!!! That would be awesome.

I try very hard to eat "clean" but since I'm a lifelong resident of south Louisiana it's VERY hard to pass up some "cajun meals" every now and then. :smile: