Hi!!!! im new to this

Options
:bigsmile: hi im 27 have a beautiful daughter and im sick of food ruling my life.my whole life i went up and down with weight and it runs inmy family. im so sick of going out and seeing all these skinny moms who look like they didnt even have kids. i want my old body back i want to feel good about myself i need help bringing up my self esteem. can anybody help me. im a single mom looking for help or just someone to give me a boost.thank you

Replies

• StephSmith2011
    Options
    hi Angie, I just joined today too. I've been up and down for 14 years since I had my children and I'm currently on the "up" side, so here goes another try at loosing some pounds before summer! I think this site is going to be great, we can encourage each other and I know for me that if I have to account for what I eat and how much exercise I get, I'm going to try a little bit harder! Well, good luck to you - you can do it! And if you want to add me to your friends, go ahead!
  • sak030101
    Options
    Hi, Im 30 and a mother of 2. I have never been this over weight. Last year I lost 50 lbs and put 40 of it back on. Im tried of not feeling good about my self. I am ready to feel good and look good also. I have joined this site to help me and find people just like me that we can help each other.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site. I have been struggling with motivation for a long time, i find this site to be very helpful. have been on for about 2 weeks now and it really does help you track what you eat and how much you exercise. If it was not for this site, i probably would not be forcing myself to exercise so much and watch everything i eat. It really makes a difference to see it in print.Good luck!!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This site is going to help you soooooooooooo much!

I'm 30 with 1 son (4). I was a single mom when he was first born. So trust me when I say that I feel ya!

You can do this! You get meet your goals. Reality - it WILL take a lot of hard work! But the feeling you will have when you make it - undeniable!!! You can do this!!!
  • jenniej530
    Options
    I am new to this too! I am the mother of 3 little girls all under the age of 4, the youngest being 16 weeks. I can't take being this over weight anymore and my doctor recommended that I look at bariatric surgery. That really scared me so, here I start in my long journey of becoming healthy!
  • sunny1430
    Options
    Hello. Have been using this site for about a week now. So far so good. I like the sinked web and app feature...as somedays one or the other is more convienient to enter in. I am a 36 yof, mom of 2 beautiful kids but need to lose the 10-15# that came with the craziness of being a mom to young kids...I wont call it baby weight...I usually lose that at ~ 6 mo, but then start to gain it back. Wish me luck
  • Cassielove42
    Options
    I agree with Doug, this site forces me to be more accountable with my food choices and excercising. I am looking forward to reaching my weight loss goal this year. I have been on this site for over a week and it has been extremely helpful. I am learning so much about how to make good food choices.
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi! just added you as a friend! Everyone else who has posted, feel free to add me too!

I joined about a week ago and I'm seeing awesome results.. my fear is that i lose motivation, so the more friends to keep me in line the better!!!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is great support here online
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi and welcome-

I'd love to be your friend and motivate you. Feel free to request me as a friend if you'd like
  • garden_girl18
    garden_girl18 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Angie! This site is awesome, you will love it! There are lots of great people on here to motivate you throughout your journey. I will certainly add you as a friend!