Where is my stinking motivation!

Options
I started my "new" improved life in Jan 2010 and lost 20lbs. I wasnt working too hard at it last year and had alot of lazy moments. So this year i wanted to try harder and lose 40 lbs. My motivation took a hike and whats a girl to do?? I started working out more and harder and eating better since the beginning of this year and quickly I gained 6 lbs!! Has anyone else had this happen. I have grounded my self from the scale until the end of Feb so we will see how that goes. :smile:

Replies

• justmkd
    Options
    I know the feeling, it's so hard for me sometimes to get started and keep it going.
    I'm right there with you, but I have faith in you. You'll gain the motivation!!! :wink:
  • goodforeyou
    goodforeyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is definitely frustrating. If you are making the right food choices, drinking ample water and kicking your butt with your workouts, screw what that scale is telling you and look to how you're feeling overall and how your clothes are fitting you. I have a pair of pants I regularly "check in" with and get so giddy when they start getting looser!! Stick with it and as you said, stay away from the scale for awhile!!
  • jenjac
    jenjac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. (I love this site) My clothes are fitting better and I know I need to drink more H2O. I will now consult my patient pile of smaller pants when I am concerned about my progress and not that numbered faced demon! :devil: