Just Have to Brag!

Options
I have to take a minute & brag about my fiance. He has treated me with such love, kindness, gentleness, & respect since we met just over a year ago. He rushed me to the hospital in May when I was having severe pain in my side. Doctor scared him but saying it could possibly be cancer- that's the night he proposed the first time. Fortunately it was just gallstones & had my gallbladder removed a couple months later when the pain became too much.
He has also been there for me during some very difficult times this past year. He has been a confidant & friend in a city I had just moved to. He's been the shoulder for me to cry on, the ear to listen & the person who I run to to share good news. He's my best friend.
He knows that I've been struggling with my weight & frustrated. This past few days have been a challenge mentally for me. A friend I've known for 20 years is on MFP as well & mentioned getting the kettlebells & she highly recommended I get them. When he got home last night I told him I wanted to go & get them...he said he'd pay for them & that he was going to buy me a scale to weigh my food too. (He was going to surprise me by picking it up after work today.)
What?! Are you real?! *pinch, pinch, pinch* He is such an amazing man! So after Tango lessons we went & bought the kettlebells & scale. I texted my friend & told her. After texting back & forth we ended the conversation with her telling me to give him a hug for her. I did & burst into tears! Was this really the man that I'm going to marry?! He said he wants to do everything he can to support me & reach my goals. Yes ladies & gentlemen! Men like this do exist...the thing is it isn't an act either. People who have known him for years say that is exactly the man he is.
I just had to take a few minutes & brag about my AMAZING fiance!

Replies

• jmlitton33
    jmlitton33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've got a very supportive hubby, too! :D They ARE out there and they ARE amazing! He kicks me in the butt when I need it, and always supports me and tells me I'm beautiful and just getting more beautiful. It's awesome having that kind of support! Thanks for sharing! :D
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    wheres my bucket......

but seriously what a nice guy, you're a very lucky lady :0)
  • bjmk19047
    Options
    My man is pretty terrific too...I am blessed!!! :smooched:
  • angelmuss
    Options
    Awe!!! You have every reason to brag!!! You are a very lucky girl :)
  • shhhbear
    shhhbear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow! that's awesome!! haha @ daniface, scoot over i need to borrow your bucket!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good for you,I have a great one to,Yeahh for us!!!:bigsmile:
  • LChabot86
    LChabot86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    does he have a brother? lol:smile:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This sweet man loves you, so you must be pretty terrific, too! Hugs!
  • shapeupstephanie
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful man. And congrats on your engagement!!! I also have a wonderful husband! I couldn't ask for more, he's my best friend. and every year it just keep getting better =)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    That's awesome! And I think it really says something about you that you chose to share this. It definitely shows that you appreciate him, and a guy like that definitely shouldn't go unappreciated! I hope you have a wonderful life together- he sounds like a keeper! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • tiffanykeaton
    tiffanykeaton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how awesome! my husband is pretty supportive too and it's really nice to have that. and congrats on your upcoming marriage! he sounds like a keeper :)
  • prencesskl
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • 4Matt
    4Matt Posts: 26
    Options
    He does have a brother but he's nothing like my fiance... :(
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    Thats usually the way it works most siblings are night and day. I know my sister and I are nothing alike, grew up in the same house but view are childhood so vastly different.

Anyway just want to say I am happy for you. How was the workout with the kettlebells? Did the scale for the food help?
  • LChabot86
    LChabot86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    to bad about his brother :( lol. my bf is very unsupportive. but im doing it without him anyways so :P on him lol