Been stuck on this plateau for so long

Options
Hello,
I am not new to My fitness pal, but i am new to the message board... so , Hello all :)
I am looking to break this plateau of mine that i have been on since I had a foot injury/bone replacement surgery. I was always in good shape and love eating healthy. I was a runner, and had to stop after my injury. The pounds started to climb up soon after. I now weigh 165 pounds and am a size 12. I am looking to loose at least 25 pounds. Would love to loose 35 pounds to be 130 pounds, but my husband insist 140 pounds looks great on me. (nice husband i suppose haha) We will see what happens.

I was extremely motivated back in the summer and was working out with Insanity, from beachbody (they ROCK!) when i got really sick and dealt with intense pain and lost my hearing in one year. I was already deaf from the other... I have just been free to workout again a month ago, and started working out again at the gym. I am now wanting more, because progress are too slow and i know i can do better, because i have. I am now doing the Brazil Butt lift (also from beachbody), on top of extra cardio and strenght training at the gym, and writing down all the calories i take (thank you my fitness pal) I am really hoping i can loose a good 10 pounds this month...
I am having surgery at the beginning of march, and once again, i will not be able to workout for a while. This has been a very frustrating journey for me, because i have always been active and LOVE to workout! I need friends to encourage me to workout even when i think the progress are too slow. Its been difficult to be a busy mom, and all the side effects of my current condition.
I might only have 4 weeks for now, but i want to make the best of it.

Replies

• LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    Options
    We can break a plateau one of three ways - time, diet, activity. Usually if you have been working out for awhile, you will hit a natural plateau. If that's the case, then you can work through it by increasing your activity levels or doing some HIIT workouts.

If it's diet, that's a bit more complicated. You can do things like increasing your calories (actually, you may have to do this if you have lost weight), decreasing your calories or manipulating your starchy carbs (rice, potatoes, past and the like). Sometimes we also eat more than we realize or more than we need, so make sure your calorie intake corresponds with your activity level.

Find me on Facebook for more info. Leeia.Ladipoh
  • happymamato6
    Options
    Thank you!

I am on day 3 of a 1000 calories a day just to get rid of cravings and teach me how i can survive without actually eating until i cant put anything else in my mouth. When i do count my calories and limit the carb, i do loose and break the plateau! I am curious to step on the scale on Monday and see if i did loose a pound, or two. I am not one of these people that can loose 5 pounds in one week, even tho i did one time, and didnt loose anything the 3 weeks after that, even if i kept the same plan. It just mixes me up big time!
    I have been having to focus on nutrition more than ever the past 6 months because i couldnt workout much! It was hard, but it made me realize that I had to make changes in my nutrition and that's a good thing.