good link for calculating calories...

Options
http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

all you have to do is put your weight in and the minutes done in category listed, there are many categories listed not in MFP including "special time" with your significant other lol.

Replies

• sportsqueen32
    Options
    I don't see how any website can be accurate for calorie burn since it doesn't know what your heart rate was during the workout. The only true way to get it is by wearing a heart rate monitor. You tend to burn sometimes more than twice what a website will tell you for the same exercise.
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    "Special Time"

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Too funny. :laugh:
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Interesting............
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    I don't see how any website can be accurate for calorie burn since it doesn't know what your heart rate was during the workout. The only true way to get it is by wearing a heart rate monitor. You tend to burn sometimes more than twice what a website will tell you for the same exercise.

I AGREE
  • neebelung
    Options
    Someone here recommended Daily Burn to me, which is pretty good, but not nearly as accurate as a heart rate monitor.

And since I'm not about to wear my HRM during *cough cough* "special time" with my hubby (I can just HEAR the laughter... hell, might be funny to put it on tonight as a joke... ), I don't log that toward my exercise calories. As I've said on here once before, it's just icing on the cake. ;)