Question for the ladies - Irregular Bleeding

Options
Sorry if this is TMI, but I am having pains in the lower left part of my stomach and when I was in the bathroom I noticed I was bleeding...I am not on my period. It's been done now for about a week and a half. My periods have always been normal, too. I am not taking any birth control and I'm not pregnant, my tubes are tied.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if it could be due to exercise? I've been exercising regularly (6 days most weeks) since late Oct of 2010.

Thanks for any input!!

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't know...but if you are experiencing pain you should go to the dr. Good luck.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I had a lot of spotting last month. Not sure why. Same boat, always regular, tubes tied, and we started around the same time and have lost about the same amount of weight. I figure it's just estrogen resetting itself.
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    I would definitely get it checked it, could be fibroids or cysts or nothing....Good Luck
  • karrie198
    Options
    i would get it checked to be on the safe side... good luck x x
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I think you should schedule an appt with your gyno or at least give them a call just to be sure. Maybe you ruptured something while you were exercising. I think it's better to find out for sure.
  • nerak3401
    nerak3401 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've experienced those symptoms before. Two times I had a cervical polyp, and once it was a uterine. After they were removed I still had the symptoms and when I brought it up to my doctor she said it isn't abnormal after exercise to experience some light bleeding during ovulation. You may want to make an appointment just to be sure everything's okay or for peace of mind. If you keep track of your cycles, see if this keeps occurring during ovulation or if it happens other times as well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wouldn't delay getting to the doctor. That could be any number of things, I don't think exercise would cause it....but I'm not a doctor.

It seems if you have been exercising for several months, you shouldn't be having problems now caused by exercise.

edit, okay, see, how wrong I can be??:laugh: (post above mine)

Also TMI I know, but if you're having more vigorous sex due to your new self-confidence, it is possible that your partner's penis is hitting your cervix now that he can get in deeper because of your smaller body causing the cramping bleeding afterward. Yeah I'm going to crawl under a rock now.
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It could be anything from a cyst on your overy to maybe your are ovuating but it keep happening you may want to see a doctor. I had something simular to that and I had fibroid tumors..Good Luck:)
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    of course it might also be something serious and worth getting checked out. I didn't mean to minimize your symptoms.
  • steacher24
    Options
    I sometimes have spotting while I'm ovulating. I had my doctor check it out and she never found anything. It seems to happen more when my body is changing (ie, from a change in diet or exercise ). I would get it check out just in case though.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Also TMI I know, but if you're having more vigorous sex due to your new self-confidence, it is possible that your partner's penis is hitting your cervix now that he can get in deeper because of your smaller body causing the cramping bleeding afterward. Yeah I'm going to crawl under a rock now.

No! Tell us more!!
  • calypott
    Options
    I recently got put on BC because of this. Well, sorta. My cycles were wayyy incredibly short, like 14-20 days..I'd be off of my period for a little over a week, and then, BOOM another one. Needless to say, it was quite annoying. I didn't go to the doctor (well, I actually just talked to my mom, who is a NP and she wrote me a Rx for an OCP).

Now, I'm all fixed :-)

Yea, I definitely realize that this probably wont help you any...just saying that I did kinda go through the same thing.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: you don't need to crawl under a rock we are big girls! :tongue:
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    well since you asked for more ....

Your cervix will move up and down during your cycle to either facilitate or impede conception. It also becomes softer (like lips) or harder (like your nose) at different times of the month.

When you lose weight your butt gets smaller and you may be able to spread your legs wider and that means that the man can get in deeper.

Depending on the sexual position, you might find that your partner actually hits your cervix during intercourse. For some women this is painful and makes the position uncomfortable, for others it's a pleasure/pain that brings with it a more forceful orgasm.

However, hitting the cervix (at least in my case) can result in some post coital cramping and bleeding (usually only a bit of spotting for an hour or so). SOOOO depending on how long the OP is cramping/bleeding and whether she's been sexually active recently, it might explain her symptoms.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input guys! I think I'm going to wait and see if it continues or happens again and then call my dr.

JulieBo - unfortunately that's not my issue! haha
  • banana1999
    banana1999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since I joined MFP 12 weeks ago and lost 20 pounds, I've been having 2 periods a month. I'll be off a week, on a week, it totally sucks. I haven't gone to the doc, but am sure it's hormonal. Exercise and weight loss can really screw up your hormones.
  • CrazyKylie
    Options
    Some women feel cramping when they ovulate. If you finished your period about a week and a half ago, it is about the right time for you to be ovulating. When the ovary releases an egg, it forms a little cyst. As the cyst bursts, there can be some bleeding. It's probably nothing to worry about, but I would mention it to your doctor to be sure.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Another vote for you to see the doc. Pain is not normal, your body is telling you something.

A few years ago when I dropped a good bit of weight I had the spotting problem, but no pain. I went to the GYN and she couldn't find anything wrong. She did tell me that the female hormones can be stored in fat cells, and when you lose a bunch of weight the hormones are re-released into your system. That will cause an imbalance and can mess with your cycle and ovulation, making it either earlier or later than usual, or spotting in between.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Yep, this has been happening to me. I got checked and she said its either new diet or stress.