yummy vegan treat

Options
bettyboop573
bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
Made these today...you can adjust calories by omitting some of the higher cal items if you wanted.....pretty yummy!!

http://ohsheglows.com/2010/07/28/healthy-carrot-cake-power-scuffins/

Replies

• camp_teekay
    camp_teekay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    They look fantastic, and they use spelt flour. I've been meaning to use my stash of spelt in something. I'm glad to see a vegan treat recipe that 1) doesn't involve a ton of oil or sugar and 2) doesn't require one ingredient that you can't find anywhere.

Thanks for sharing, and I'll be passing along as well.

Bonus points for the word scuffin, for sure.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Those look good. I check her blog often for recipes. I find that a lot of the vegan recipes are very high in calories.....but also more filling and certainly more nutritious. Looking at this recipe I think the cookies must be quite large......pretty much like having 2 muffins. I guess they could fit in well as a snack with tea or a breakfast with a glass of amazing grass chocolate superfood. Thanks for the linking the recipe. Did you find it satisfying as a snack or meal? Nice she lists cals and so forth. There was a vegan recipe I have wanted to make......a lemon, nut desset but it is tiny and 800 calories.....I think I will have to give it a miss.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    thanks, I want to try these!!
  • bettyboop573
    Options
    yup they are pretty large.....you could almost make them smaller, i found it pretty filling though
  • bettyboop573
    Options
    I used applesauce in place of some of the olive oil as well