I want take home food, UGGGHHH

Options
Ok I have been doing WELL as a matter of fact GREAT for the last 3 weeks, but I do not want to cook tonight , I would rather get something and bring it home, and I have so much to do around my house , errands,cleaning, family is coming in on friday, superbowl on sunday ,
ADVISE ??

UGHHHHHHH

Replies

• binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Subway! There sandwiches are very filling and if you look on their nutrition you can decide what sub will meet your end of day needs. Best of luck to you!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    go for it, just watch your portions and try to choose something that fits in with your calorie goal!
  • starlitesue
    Options
    Well, ignoring the sodium impact, there ARE some meals you can take home that are relatively healthy.

When we're really busy we'll sometimes get subway with lots of veggies, all of their calories are listed on their website. Or you can get a roasted chicken from your local grocery store. Serve that with a salad mix, or some frozen vegetables.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    several restaurants have healthy options on the menu. applebee's, chili's, etc... Get a grilled chicken dish
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I advise whatever you are hungry for just do so in moderation and start with a big salad.
  • meglane
    Options
    what I do is I put in the little food database whats near me and look at the calorie content of various things. The places your are thinking about eating may also have nutritional information on their website.

so figure out how many calories you have left for the day and have at it!

don't forget to log your house work that will give you a few extra calories!
  • amrenee1976
    Options
    I feel you have o allow yourself a treat a week. whether it be fast food, candy etcc. I allow myself a day, usually saturdays) to each what i want. it curves the cravings, and actually subcounciously u tend to eat ok anyway.
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    thank you ALL for the great ideas !! I actually have alot of calories left today, I think I will go for it , I actually looked up jnbox website , the chik strips are ok and it meets my craving and I have lots left that I can burn off during my housecleaning
    Thank you all for your reassurance !!
    what I do is I put in the little food database whats near me and look at the calorie content of various things. The places your are thinking about eating may also have nutritional information on their website.

so figure out how many calories you have left for the day and have at it!

don't forget to log your house work that will give you a few extra calories!

Great idea thank you
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    I feel you have o allow yourself a treat a week. whether it be fast food, candy etcc. I allow myself a day, usually saturdays) to each what i want. it curves the cravings, and actually subcounciously u tend to eat ok anyway.

I think I am with you on this !!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken from the supermarket!
    Buy a chook (chicken) and a bag of coleslaw (no dressing)
    Shred some of the chicken meat, add to the salad with some fat free dressing. You can add some pineapple (fresh is best!) and walnuts too if you have the cals.
    Quick and easy!