cocoa butter ?

Options
does it really get rid of stretch marks because i have horrible ones on my breasts, hips, and stomach !!

Replies

• kshaw09
    Options
    I'm not sure if it gets trid of stretch marks, I used when I was pregnant to prevent strech marks
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Umm, no. Rubbing a topical lotion won't cause stretch marks to go away. Lots of lotions promise lots of things but it's simply not true.
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    For the stomach (and if you already had kids) the best thing is a tummy tuck....that's of course, the most risky as well.
    You can also try "Aceite de Rosa de Mosqueta" which is excellent for that.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Nope. Nothing you can do about them except laser treatment. And you can't really prevent them...they're very much a genetic condition.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula for the past week three times a day and its actually been reducing my stretch marks. Below is a link to show you what it is.

(link: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1CHNU_enUS359US367&q=palmer's+cocoa+butter+oil&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11154463030514702053&ei=cPxJTer0MoL2gAfc4vAs&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCYQ8wIwAg# )
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For the stomach (and if you already had kids) the best thing is a tummy tuck....that's of course, the most risky as well.
    You can also try "Aceite de Rosa de Mosqueta" which is excellent for that.
    haha thanks! and noooo no kids for me haha im 14 !!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Stretch marks are hereditary.
  • FWBP
    FWBP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lotions with Vitamin E can reduce the visibility of stretch marks. But it's true, they wont go away without laser treatment.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    stretch marks will fad in time. I had horrible ones on my chest when i was your age but now you can't even tell.
    nothing can really take them away but you can HELP prevent them (though in most cases they are hereditary)

I use raw coconut oil and vitamin E as moisturizers
    i also take MSM (capsule form)
    and drink 80-100oz water everyday
    as well as dry skin brushing daily
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    it works to prevent! i used it wen i was pregnant, so im stretch mark free, I heard BioOil is good to get them less visible.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter doesnt work. Stretch marks are hereditary and there really isnt much you can do about them unfortunately. The only thing I have used that has made any difference at all is BIO OIL but it didnt do much, just made them a little lighter and it is $20 a bottle so to me it really wasnt worth it. I am however planning to have Laser Removal soon---which is extremely expensive but I simply cant stand the sight of my stretch marks. More than likely though yours will fade quite a bit. I have a few on my thighs from growing up and they are pretty much gone now. The ones on my stomach from having a baby are a different story (they are horrible). also if you drink lots of water it is supposed to help!! Good luck sweetie!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    whoa whoa.

there is a hereditary predisposition to stretch marks but that doesn't mean that you have to accept it as an inevitable fate.
    cocoa butter and VERY LIGHT sun exposure every ONCE IN AWHILE helps reduce the appearance of them. It doesnt get rid of them, but they will be less noticeable in the long run if you go for it.

I had really bad stretch marks on my chest when i was your age too because my girls came in fast and large. (thanks grandma) And yes, everyone is different so the same results cant be promised for you but i say, "what's the harm in trying it?" it's good for you skin to be moisturized anyway.

hope that helps!