Can NOT handle SouthBeach.. Anyone doing Carb Lovers?

Options
Its only day three of South Beach and all I could think of it oatmeal and it has turned me into one crabby BEOTCH!! Ughh.. just down a bunch of craisins.. and figure Im done with that plan...

ANyone do Carb Lovers? South Beach has worked for me before.. but I LOVE CARBS.. and I want to happy and satisfied with my meals.. suggestions?

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I love carbs way too much to stick with it. It's not going to fix your problem anyways. Once you go off the diet you will gain it all back because it is not teaching you how to eat healthy and work out. You can not do this diet for the rest of your life. I would suggest you switch your carb types. Eat whole wheat instead of white and so on.
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    I always figured South Beach was not too successful, when I go into any Goodwill store to go on a search for by lunchtime books, I see at least 10-15 copies of it on the shelves there.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think there are parts of South Beach that are useful - like Phase II and III. I've read the book a few times and I still don't understand the reason for Phase I, other than to get rid of cravings.

I like that after the 1st phase it advocated the good things to eat: lean protein, good fat, and the right carbs, on top of eating until you are full.

What is Carb Lovers, BTW?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I love carbs way too much to stick with it. It's not going to fix your problem anyways. Once you go off the diet you will gain it all back because it is not teaching you how to eat healthy and work out. You can not do this diet for the rest of your life. I would suggest you switch your carb types. Eat whole wheat instead of white and so on.

Yes, you can do South Beach for the rest of your life. It is very, very doable for the rest of anyone's life.

Have you read the book? It is not intended to be stopped.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I think there are parts of South Beach that are useful - like Phase II and III. I've read the book a few times and I still don't understand the reason for Phase I, other than to get rid of cravings.

I like that after the 1st phase it advocated the good things to eat: lean protein, good fat, and the right carbs, on top of eating until you are full.

What is Carb Lovers, BTW?

Yes, that is the intention of Phase 1. Get rid of the sugar, starch and overall carb cravings.

We are not supposed to have cravings. If you are craving foods, either you are addicted to that particular food or you are allergic.