Some good home workouts?

Options
This weather being dreary and nasty, does anyone have any good circuit HOME workouts? All i have is a yoga mat and ONE 5 pound dumbbell. :/

Replies

• suziehomemaker
    Options
    any chance you could get an exercise ball? if you can you could do every muscle group on that for a while and its great for your core as well....
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has some good workout DVDs, like 30-day-Shred, etc. Look up on Amazon, somewhere like that.
  • sptsimone
    Options
    Check Youtube and search for 'realage'. They have lost of videos.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    And I would recommend using household items in place of weights - for my first 30 days of 30 Day Shred, I worked out using 750ml water bottles filled with water. Then I upgraded to wine bottles :)
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity, and have also done P90X, Jillian Michaels, TurboJam, and Power90 workouts and love them all! I actually just did a video today of my Insanity recovery workout... here's a link if you want to check it out:

http://payfitforward.wordpress.com/my-insanity-journey/insanity-videos/

The Biggest Loser workouts are good and very cheap.... Beachbody workouts are great too, and I happen to be a rep & success coach... you can shop & browse at pay-fit-forward.com.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv
  • theidt87
    Options
    i do a workout called "fitness with the pros". Its a dvd made by one of the dancers from dancing with the stars. I do the jive and have lost 10 pounds in over a week doing this dvd. I do one low impact jive and two medium impact jive workouts.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    Wow! So many options

out of all of those, what do you think provides the most weight loss?
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many options

out of all of those, what do you think provides the most weight loss?

Running. I was doing dvds and classes at the gym, etc, but have had the most apparent success with running. It costs nothing, as well.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    I did run, and no such luck :(
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What does "no such luck" mean?