Advice for Super Bowl Sunday!

Options
Hi Everyone!
I'm hosting a Super Bowl party at my house on Sunday. Its a Potluck!! So I'm sure everyone is going to be bringing lots of yummy treats to share..However I'm sure those treats are not going to be part of my healthy eating.
So my question to you is, "How do you conquer temptation?"

Replies

• McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of...is to make sure you have some good food to eat there...make some food that is healthy that way you know you'll be eating right. It will be hard!!! Maybe talk to some of your friends into bringing a healthy dish???? Otherwise, I would suggest either eating something really low cal, like carrotts or something, and that way you won't eat as much of the high cal food..or just serve something that is healthy..Good Luck!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    1--Have your own array of healthy foods. Make certain you have already weighed and measured out your own portions (kept in the kitchen). While your guests are serving themselves, you can bring out your pre-portioned plate to sit and enjoy the event with them.

2--Consider this: Guests will tend to bring foods to a potluck event that are: quick 'n easy to fix, usually are very high-calorie and lower cost. Do you REALLY want to end up wearing more fat on your precious body?

Have a great Sunday!
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well my game plan for the big day is to go to the gym that morning and burn at least 800 calories :wink: But to answer your question I conqure temptation by thinking about how many calories are in thoes treats and how long I will have to spend sweating on the elliptical.........:noway:
    Good luck and enjoy the big day. Remember one day won't mess it all up :drinker:
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    eat BEFORE every comes...then have out some carrots or something so you can "pick" during the game...thats what im gonna do!!
  • Dmonique85
    Options
    PLAN, plan, plan. Don't trust your willpower. Eat healthy foods & get filled up before the party. Also make sure you have something you like that's yummy. I have these chocolate mousse indulgences that are 60 calories each...yummm. Good food doesn't have to be horrible for you. Good luck.
  • katnevsmom
    Options
    My hubby is making chicken wings so I plan on grilling some chicken and dipping them in some low calorie sauce...If you just make certain to count everything you eat, I don't see a problem with having a little:)
  • tzoey
    tzoey Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck! Try not to over indulge with the bad things... and have plenty of good things to go towards. Try serving fruit kabobs, turkey meatballs, and what about salsa and baked chips. You can do it!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm not =) I am going to be eating pizza, drinking and munching on other snack foods. I plan on just doing a double workout on Monday. Days like that are ok once and awhile.
  • If you do a lot of exercise on Sunday you will be able to eat "more calories"....:smile: And if you eat right before the party you won't' be so hungry when everybody arrives. It will be easier to resist, or at least to eat less "dangerous" food, I guess :wink: But make sure to enjoy yourself. It is just one day and it is Super Bowl!!!! Good luck!!!!
  • adhillman01
    Options
    It's Super Bowl Sunday! Enjoy! Burn some extra calories that day and throughout the week to balance out your indulgence.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just think to yourself, do you really want to break down these foods in your daily diary- that can be a nightmare if you have no clue how they made the food and the amount of ingredients they used. Just think of all the mystery foods that look yummy as mystery calories, sodium and fat.

Most of the others were right- pre portion out some healthy snacks for yourself, encourage your guests to bring some healthier items if possible, and drink a lot of water.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this tonight too. I'm planning on making healthier choices to serve here.

I'm going to cook a lean pork loin in the crockpot and make homemade bbq sauce (lower sugar) for pulled pork sandwiches, serving them on whole wheat buns.

I'm going to make homemade guacamole and salsa with baked pita chips and veggies for dipping. I'll also do ranch mix with yogurt for a dip.

And for dessert I'm looking for a cheesecake recipe online to make lowfat and sugar free.

Granted I won't be having a party, just cooking for family, but there are a lot of ways to stay away from the nachos, buffalo wings and still eat well :)
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Try eating RIGHT before everyone gets there.. that way, you won't be as hungry and even if you do munch on a chip or two you wouldnt be eating too much! Also, have a snack made for you already and stick it in the fridge or some place easy to get to so you can go right to it when you DO get hungry.. GOOD LUCK BABES!
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank YOU SOOOOO MUCH!! I'm def going to make my own snacks and stash them away!!