Purge the Pooch

Options
I have a question for everyone. What is the best way to get rid of the pooch on the belly?I have one and that is, in my opinion, the most important thing to get rid of. I have a hourglass shape, which is all fine except that all my weight is center on my stomach in this pooch. My legs, sides and even my butt, are getting toner but my pooch hasn't changed at all. I have been doing cardio, crunches, lunges, squats, and have been stretching but nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Does anyone have suggestions of workouts that work best to get rid of it?

Replies

• ktbug1186
    Options
    one word...planks :) theyre killer, but strengthen your core BIG time!!!
  • katnevsmom
    Options
    I have the pooch too and a trainer at my gym said the 2 best ways to get rid of it are cardio and the plank position. She said that situps help but the plan is better.\
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I don't know what you eat, but that's a big part of it. It is hard to target where you lose the fat from. Cardio will blast fat and there are some ways to maximize that, particularly interval training. Eating clean is the key to losing belly fat., You need to avoid sugar, especially artificial sweeteners and HFCS. Also you should never eat any trans fats. The best kind of fat to get rid of belly fat is monounsaturated think olive oil, avocado, walnuts. Also make sure you eat plenty of fiber.

That's a quick summary of everything I have been reading the past 3 months. Good luck!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Jogging/running and stay away from sugar, goes straight to the pooch.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Are you just doing crunches for core workouts? Try reverse crunches, leg lifts, plank-jumps and bicycles. Your body acclimates really easily to doing just one muscle-targeting movement.
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Does natural sugar go right to the stomach as well? I have been eating a lot of fruits to satisfy my cravings for sweets.
  • nmortensen
    Options
    I could never get rid of my pooch as hard as I tried or as skinny as I got. Finally for the first time in my life over the age of 30, I started running and the pooch started to dramatically shrink. My personal experience in running does the job! Core work is great and important to strengthen and make that area more attractive for sure. I do those too now, but the running is the only form of cardio that does the whole body for me. I run/brisk walk/jog. five miles five to six days a week. I hope this helps. My pooch has been my problem area since birth so take it from me I tried everything else!