How Long Did It Take You...

Options
I was just wondering how long it took you to lose 35lbs? My first goal was to lose 35lbs which would bring me out of the 200's. I am now working on my 4th week and only down 11lbs. Just wondering how long it took everyone else. For some reason this has been the hardest week for me.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37lbs now & i've been working at it since August 29th, 2010.
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Wile I'm not 35lbs down just yet, I would say that you're on track if not ahead of schedule.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I started my MFP journey on May 16, 2010... right now I am at 31.2 pounds lost so hoping to be at 35 sometime this month? That would be 9 months. I had some pretty long plateaus in there though!

Eleven pounds in 4 weeks is doing REALLY well.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I had lost 36 lbs by the end of my 4th month. Go and read the posts for newbies at the beginning of the General Diet and Weight loss help boards. There is some really helpful information there and one of them discusses the different phases you can expect to hit at different times. It's really pretty accurate and it helps to realize when you hit those phases where you may feel like your stumbling but really is just a natural progression in your loss. It helped me stay on track and keep going. :happy:
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    I took me about 14wks. Started @ 272lbs on 08/08/10 & think it was 11/15/10 when I hit 237lbs..about 37lbs that I had lost.......
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I just started using this program in Jan. and have lost 8 lbs already and I am hoping for at least one more this week. It is tough but my trainer suggested doing cardio exercises for 60 minutes 3x's a week. Some days it is tough but I am starting to enjoy it as I can relieve the stress of teaching middle schoolers. I started the weight lost process back in June 2010 but life and family emergencies interrupted my routine and caused a set back. Don't give and just know that you can do it and look the subtle difference in how your clothes fit. That is where I am noticing the differences. Good Luck.:smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I started at 248 & it took me 5 months to get down to 213
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5 lbs in 4 weeks so I'd say either you're doing amazingly well or I'm doing amazingly badly (or, you know, both. I suppose they're not mutually exclusive, lol).
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs in about 4 months. I started at 242 and in the first 5 weeks Iost 12lbs then I average 9lbs for each 5 weeks after that.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 in 3 but with a med change that accelerated initial loss so 4 months sounds right
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38 pounds and I started April 7, 2010
  • dragnet
    Options
    1 pound a week is great! 2 pounds a week is generally the fastest recommended weight loss. From what I can tell, you are doing fantastic!
  • LifeMeansSoMuch
    Options
    I sure would like to know your secrets if it took you 4-5 mos to loose 35+ pounds?:wink: Because i was hoping by May i'd be the size i wanted to be but right now im having complications with my weight thats goin up and down so next week wen i go to the dr.s ill make sure to mention that!
  • TMR001
    TMR001 Posts: 37
    Options
    11 lbs in 4 weeks is GREAT !!! Most studies have shown that people who successfully keep off the weight they lose are those that lost at a moderate rate of 1-2 pounds per week. So while I understand the desire to lose quickly you are really doing wonderfully.

Once upon a time (b4 childbirth) I lost 64 pounds.... some weeks I would have big losses (3-5lbs) some weeks small losses (.5lbs) and some weeks none or gain, when all was said and done I averaged a loss of 1.5 pounds per week. I was on WW so all this was tracked very carefully, so I know exactly the average weight loss.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Five months and eight days fom my first weigh in I offically hit 35 pounds down.

That includes going up two pounds after a Mexico vacation and re-losing them and four pounds on another vacation and re-losing them.
  • monica182
    monica182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just reached 35lbs lost on Tuesday and I started my weightloss on 6 Oct 2010, so almost exactly 4 months. I had one week over Christmas where I did not lose anything but every other week I have lost between 1 & 3 lbs. Usually a small loss one week then a larger loss the next.

I'm almost at my halfway point so hoping to take 6 months to lose the next 35 lbs as I'm assuming as I get closer to my goal I will lose a little less each week.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    I would say that if you're in week 4 and down 11 pounds that you are doing an amazing job! I've been at this since late october (with a weight loss goal of 35 pounds) and I'm down 11 as well. But I've also lost lots of inches around my body even when the scale wasn't moving. Don't lose heart cause a few weeks from now even if you weight has only shifted another two pounds, people will lbe noticing your hard work! And you're gonna look and feel great!
    Have fun with it!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    oh yes. and also try to keep in mind that the smaller you get, the more difficult it will become to lose weight. so DONT LOSE HEART!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how long it took you to lose 35lbs? My first goal was to lose 35lbs which would bring me out of the 200's. I am now working on my 4th week and only down 11lbs. Just wondering how long it took everyone else. For some reason this has been the hardest week for me.

Well MFP is set up for you to lose a maximum of 2lbs per week so it should take you 17-18weeks if you goal is 2/week longer is your goal is 1.5 or 1 like MFP suggests it should be.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

No need to say ONLY your doing a great job. how your losing weight is realistic expecting to lose more like they do on Biggest Loser isn't realistic. Your doing great but just remember the closer you get to your goal the harder it gets. I have lost 30+ lbs and the remaining has been a complete B*tch to get off. My husband always says the Easy fat always comes off first. Keep up the good work look at it this way did you put on 11 lbs in a month? Most likely not but you took it off in a month- The weight didnt come on over night so it won't come off that fast either...

Don't take your weight loss and turn it into a negative by saying I have ONLY lost 11lbs because that is a good accomplishment- 1-2 pounds a week is good weight loss you have lost 2.75lbs a week if you actually figure it out.. High five to you.