Any other Brides to be?

Options
I have been on mfp for couple weeks and lost a couple pounds going at a slow pace. This last weekend I got engaged and now have a deadline for losing the weight! Was wondering if there is any other Brides to be out there that are looking to lose the bulge!

Replies

• Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    this girl right here lol
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    After seven years of dating the same person, perhaps one day I will be a bride-to-be. hehe :)
  • Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - engaged for 4 years so working to lose 60lbs and will then be setting the date
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am!! We are looking at May 2012 to set our date. I figure if I lose 1/2 pound a week between now and then I should reach my goal by the end of 2011:)
  • LysLeslie
    Options
    Sure am!! I am getting married October 15th so I have exactly 8 months and 17 days to lose the extra pounds!! I have already purchased my dress, so my goal to have it taken in before the big day. :) Congratulations on your engagement!! That is so exciting!
  • steacher24
    Options
    Right here! Working on a goal of 75 pounds by July. Probably too much, but I've never been the kind to work out, and I've been trying to do at least 20 min/day. I'm on day 6 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've lost 8 pounds since Jan 2nd.
  • chrysnel
    Options
    Right here! Working on a goal of 75 pounds by July. Probably too much, but I've never been the kind to work out, and I've been trying to do at least 20 min/day. I'm on day 6 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've lost 8 pounds since Jan 2nd.

Wow! Good for you! 8 lbs since Jan 2nd is awesome! I have that DVD somewhere - I guess I should dig it out - I think when I first tried it (about 40 lbs ago) it was so hard, but I think I might be able to get through it now :)

I have been engaged for 14 years - does that count?? :laugh: :laugh: It's me doing the stalling - we have tried setting dates before, but for some reason we never set them in stone and it never happened - the last time we set a date (for Labour Day Weekend in 2007) - I ended up getting pregnant with my son and wouldn't you know it - the due date was on that same weekend! I ended up; gaining a pile of weight back (after losing 100 lbs) with my pregnancy, and have been struggling to get it off since. I keep hoping to lose the weight and look good before setting another date.... maybe we should try again - maybe that would get my butt in gear! :wink:
  • chrysnel
    Options

Wow! Good for you! 8 lbs since Jan 2nd is awesome! I have that DVD somewhere - I guess I should dig it out - I think when I first tried it (about 40 lbs ago) it was so hard, but I think I might be able to get through it now :)

I have been engaged for 14 years - does that count?? :laugh: :laugh: It's me doing the stalling - we have tried setting dates before, but for some reason we never set them in stone and it never happened - the last time we set a date (for Labour Day Weekend in 2007) - I ended up getting pregnant with my son and wouldn't you know it - the due date was on that same weekend! I ended up; gaining a pile of weight back (after losing 100 lbs) with my pregnancy, and have been struggling to get it off since. I keep hoping to lose the weight and look good before setting another date.... maybe we should try again - maybe that would get my butt in gear! :wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yup - two months to go!!

I've really been slacking lately though, while I haven't GAINED anything - I've only lost half a pound altogether in January. I was hoping to have lost 10 pounds by my wedding day on April 1st - I guess I still have enough time! (if I get my butt moving!) :blushing:

:smile:

And congratulations! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    Getting married august 13 !!!!! Almost at the 6 month mark and 11 pounds to lose!!!!!! Not getting my dress altered until may:)
  • Tamara981
    Tamara981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too! We have set a date of Dec. 2012 so I have plenty of time to lose the weight, and have plenty to lose :laugh: .
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    June 25th!!! I have my dress, but am not getting it altered until May. I'm training for my yearly 1/2 marathon and usually drop weight from January -June. I'm trying to lose 10 more pounds and get toned, but I've hit a plateau. Getting frustrated! My dress is not the typical corset top with big bottom so I have to look REALLY good to pull it off! I'm getting nervous!
  • jabberjaws77
    jabberjaws77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    October 15th, & there is no reason why I can't reach my goal by then. Good luck to everyone on here!!!
  • LysLeslie
    Options
    jabberjaws77, we will have the same anniversary! :D
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrat to all of you on your engagements!! So happy to see others with same goals!!
  • jabberjaws77
    jabberjaws77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I didnt even realize that was sweetest day when we planned it either....lol