Zumba is not listed in exercises

Options
I tried looking up zumba to log my exercise for tonight, and it isn't there. Suggestions on what it qualifies as so I can log it?

Replies

• Shar6819
    Shar6819 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Your right it's not I have looked for it. I would luv to add but not sure how to figure out the calories.
  • alohajillian
    Options
    General aerobics? Otherwise, I created my own exercise for the fitness class I take. I wear a HRM so I know the calories I've burned.
  • Shinersmom
    Options
    I know, I need to get a HRM....for real!
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    Try dancing... you get a few options. Probably pick the fast one. :)
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    They have dance, that's what I log it at.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I put it under the dance/twist thing in aerobics.
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do zumba twice a week and at the end of the class the instructor tells us the amount of calories burned during the hour. It is normally between 900-1000 calories! I usually back the number off a little bit as I can't do all of the high kicks and jumps. I normally log about 800 calories per class. Hope this helps.
  • Shinersmom
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! I logged it as dance. I only did it for 30 minutes and it said I burned 280 calories. I know this isn't 100% accurate, but it is somewhat of an idea. I need to invest in a hear rate monitor. Any suggestions on brand? What is best for the price?
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    5'1", 135, 10 cals/minute (avg) on the PS3 version.
    would probably up it to 15-20CPM in a class. I just got an HRM (but havent' made it to a class with it) and it has confirmed my previously estimated calculations for at home so I'm pretty confident in my estimations for in a class.

HRM: Polar F4. Unless you're a runner and have reason to consistently track, this is what I'd suggest. You can find them for around $70 (give or take $10) and that's pretty inexpensive and Polar is one of the best brands. It's what I have and it's probably about the easiest one to use - and I'm still learning its functions.
  • chrish1981
    Options
    Before I got a HRM, I would log it as "aerobics, high impact"
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to add it using your phone? When I go to enter in Zumba through my itouch it's not there, but when I go to enter it on my laptop it is there. If you use regular internet and not an app you will find zumba!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I add Zumba as aerobics. General if I'm working hard, low impact when I'm having an off day. I just don't want to overestimate my burn.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I was trying not to overestimate my calorie burn before I bought my HRM, but found that I was actually underestimating what I was getting from Your Shape. So, I'm sure the same may hold for Zumba.
  • Shinersmom
    Options
    Yes, I was using my laptop and still didn't see Zumba.