10 Tiny Changes for Big Weight Loss by Chalene Johnson

Options
Chalene Johnson recommends taking baby steps to eat healthier. If you "slip," get immediately back on track. Never let a vacation or a special holiday be an excuse to overdo it the entire time. Go ahead, enjoy the occasional indulgence, but keep it reasonable. Here are 10 tiny changes you can make for big weight loss.

Wait 2 minutes.Cravings will disappear after two minutes if you walk away and turn your attention elsewhere.

W.I.W.M. When you really crave something unhealthy, answer this question: "What do I Want More," that piece of chocolate cake, or a body I feel proud of? And on rare occasions, it's okay to pick the chocolate cake!

No one's perfect. Don't allow one bad choice to result in bingeing the rest of the day, or falling back into old habits.

Focus. Make eating purposeful, not something mindless to do while watching TV, driving, or sitting in front of the computer.

Whenever you put food in your mouth, try to engage all of the senses in the pleasure of nourishing your body.

Don't skip breakfast. Start eating a filling breakfast, but one that's lower in fat. It will help you eat fewer total calories throughout the day.

Veggies. Most of your plate should have veggies and/or fruit on it at both lunch and dinner.

See what you eat. Eat your food off of a plate instead of straight out of a jar, bag, or box.

Don't buy it. Stop buying the food you snack on all day. Just eliminate the temptation.

Eat more fruit. A person who gets enough fruit in their diet doesn't have a raging sweet tooth.

Watch what you drink. Cut back on or cut out high-calorie drinks like soda, sweet tea, lemonade, and especially alcohol.

People have lost weight by just making this one change.

Replies

• julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • abetterme_lisa
    Options
    love thanks for sharing =)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Great post! Bump!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shedinches
    Options
    what does bump mean??
  • lvgraff
    Options
    Can we make it 12 tiny changes?
    #11: Watch your portion size.
    #12: Don't deny yourself of foods you love.

Besides that great advice.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I especially think the one about eating fruit and it cutting out your sweet tooth is very true. I eat a banana, apple slices and an orange every day and I can't believe how much I don't miss cupcakes or chocolate anymore. It has made an amazing difference in my cravings and helped me to cut out sweets altogether. Thanks for posting!
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to know that too!??!! :huh:
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oops! I mean, I want to know what "bump" means. :ohwell:
  • 90poundsoflard
    Options
    'Bump' means you like the post but don't really have anything to say. I 'bump' things I want to have in 'my topics' or if I think its good to keep it in the 'recent posts.'
  • dlambert11
    dlambert11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great Post. I think I will print them off and put them on my fridge!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have to say that the one about getting enough fruit controls sugar cravings is not true for me. I've been eating a lot more fruit lately, and my sweet tooth has become gigantic! I used to crave salty, now I crave sweet. I am going to have to cut back down on fruit, I think.
  • chrish1981
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

SOOO many people fall short in the drinking area. Liquid calories are a KILLER!!!!

I know most people (I was one of them) don't even realize how many calories they're eating until they stop and actually look at what they're putting in their mouths. It's scary!!
  • LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    great post....I needed almost all 10 to make it through today.....and the 2 extra :)
    Someone told me "If you do what you always did you will get what you always had"
    Today is the day for change.