30 pounds by May - can you help me?

Options
I'm in need of some serious support, encouragement, motivation...and simply someone, anyone, everyone to keep me on the right track. Make me accountable...remind me that I need to do it...most importantly that "I" wanted to do it.

I will be leaving for a Cruise on May 11th...I went on this cruise in 2009 and felt downright horrible. I was in a very snug size 14. I didn't want to wear a bathing suit...I was unhappy in my own skin, I spent most of my time worrying about what everyone else was thinking of me. I didn't smile, I didn't laugh and I wasn't myself. This is a very important event for me. I am a fan of New Kids on the Block, I have been to over 13 concerts since 2008. I've been to 4 states and Canada to see them. I've met them 4 times and each time I was heavier that I was the first time. I want to go on this cruise and feel good about me. I want to know that I've done something to make me happy and healthy. But, most importantly I want ONE of those 5 guys to notice that I've changed (trust me, they know me by now, lol).

This is where you come in. I need YOU, all of you, to ride my butt...remind me every minute of every day just how much I want this. How much I need this. How much I deserve this. Help me see that I AM WORTH IT and that I CAN DO IT.

Be my cheerleaders, help me achieve this goal and I promise to lose an additional 10 when I get back.

Replies

• mdias23
    Options
    have you tried calorie shifting? it has worked wonders for me and its super easy! i've lost 43 pounds doing it. i never feel deprived of anything :)
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    have you tried calorie shifting? it has worked wonders for me and its super easy! i've lost 43 pounds doing it. i never feel deprived of anything :)

What exactly is calorie shifting? I think I have an idea...but not sure.

And of course...i will be glad to be support!! I'll add you!
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think a cruise sounds like so much fun that I would be more than willing to encourage you on to your goal! You can add me if you want. :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same goal (30 lbs by May), I'll be happy to encourage, etc and hope you'll do the same for me!
  • JordanGirl5
    JordanGirl5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for offering your support...it means a lot to me. With your help I believe that I can do it...did you hear that? I CAN DO IT!
  • dollymac74
    dollymac74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started this web site in August when the cruise went onsale. I didn't get on the cruise until the first week of January, but I lost 30lbs because I knew in my heart I would be on that boat and I knew I would have a 5* this year. I feel way better already, but I want to lose at least 20 more before the cruise, but I have hit a wall. Lets do this together!!!!!!
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I already added you as a friend. I will help and support you. You got this! You CAN do it! One suggestion is to make your diary public or at least viewable to friends. That is where the accountability comes in. Plus others can help and make suggestions when reading your diary. We can all do this together. I want to lose 20lbs within the same time frame' so I am right there with ya.