Afternoon Snacks

Options
tamheath
tamheath Posts: 702 Member
Today I had a huge cup of sugar snap peas. The kind that come in a little bag in the produce section of the grocery store. With a little cup of Wishbone Lite Ranch dressing. The dressing is 40 cal. in 2 TBS. Yummmm! Who would've thought a handful of veggies and little dab of Ranch (a little really did go plenty long enough) would be such a treat. I'm definitely heading back to Kroger for more sugar snap peas. :tongue:

Do you have NEW favorite foods to share?

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    It is rather calorie dense, but...today I tried McDonald's new fruit and maple oatmeal. That stuff is GOOD! It is 290 calories, but it is yummy.
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy health fruit smoothies. 1 cup of fat free or low fat yogurt (i prefer plain) with 1 cup all natural non sugar orange juice and then what ever I am craving in fruit (banana, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple..etc...fresh) blended together. I have it for breakfast because I make it the night before, freeze it so I can grab and go. (I am too lazy sometimes to make breakfast in the morning or give myself time lol) I never knew it could be so filling! :)
  • heavenrain
    heavenrain Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have ne eating the oatmeal from McDonalds also. I have it with the apples only and its only 220 cal. I love it.
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I refuse to go to any fast food restaurant because I am trying to lose weight and don't want the temptation lol. I have cut out all fast food, all junk food, pops, juice (except in smoothies for breakfast), pastas and lots of stuff lol
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I mixed half of a slimcado w/2 servings of trader joes mild fresh salsa and a serving of dry roasted edamame (wasabi flavor) mixed in for protein.

Delish!!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yum i've been wanting to try these
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with:
    Baked Cheetos 100 cal pack
    100 cal Klondike bars

But my newest obsession is def Wheat thins hint of salt and a weight watcher swiss cheese wedge
    YUM!
  • tamheath
    Options
    I mixed half of a slimcado w/2 servings of trader joes mild fresh salsa and a serving of dry roasted edamame (wasabi flavor) mixed in for protein.

Delish!!

Yum - lots of good ideas here! But what is a SLIMcado?
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Baba Ghannouj and cucumber slices. I have to have it everyday!
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Delish!!

Yum - lots of good ideas here! But what is a SLIMcado?

I was going to ask the same thing. Some version of avocado?
  • emilysherman
    Options
    100 cal pack blue diamon almonds with sea salt! great snack for night time. it's nice if you have a hard time stopping yourself from eating the whole can bc they are all packaged for you :)
  • PharmCat12
    Options
    I am a big fan of whole wheat Ritz crackers with the Laughing Cow light cheese wedges (any flavor will do!). I also like apple slices with almond butter, or a low-fat string cheese with a pineapple cup. Oh, and I am now addicted to the No Pudge! brownies.....but that is a little bit more of a guilty pleasure! (not as guilty as regular brownies, though, lol)
  • katerinab
    Options
    Where do you buy the dry roasted edamame?

My snack list looks like this:

Emerald Nuts 100 cal packs
    clementines
    Baby carrots
    apple slices
    Mini Babybel light cheese
    reduced fat string cheese
    100 cal packs pretzels
    1 serving of reduced fat wheat thins and a wedge of laughing cow light french onion cheese (or any of their other flavors)
    mini bags of microwave popcorn (some are 100 cal packs, some are a little more)
    Deli Flats bread toasted with a little butter spray and cinnamon sugar
    Kelloggs Fiber Plus caramel coconut fudge bars (taste like Girl Scout samoas)
    Grapes
    pretzels
  • tamheath
    Options
    Where do you buy the dry roasted edamame?

I've found dry roasted endamame at both Big Lots (strange, I know) and the health food section - near chips n stuff at Publix and Kroger.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i like the lightly salted quaker rice cakes with lowfat cream cheese or a lowfat string cheese...
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i also like those fiber bars, they do taste like Samoas!! :)