Hi, I'm new today.

Options
My Dr. sent my to a dietitian today who recommend this site. I've have health problems that actually caused me to lose so much weight that it messed up my metabolism. I then started gaining weight rapidly because although I wasn't eating much it was being stored by my body. My struggle is to try to boost my calorie intake and make healthy food choices. I hope I can meet nice people who can support me and perhaps understand my somewhat backward struggle to eat more in order to lose weight! :(

Replies

• patpepe1
    Options
    hi I am new to this and just trying to see if it is working out for me so hello:happy: :happy:
  • mkgirl
    mkgirl Posts: 25
    Options
    This is a great supportive site. Your Dr did good by directing you here. Welcome & Good luck to you !
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. it is awesome. i am addicted to it. ive lost 6 pounds in 6 weeks. which may not seem like a lot, but i wanted to lose 15 so thats awesome to me. the people here are so great. good luck and feel free to friend me.
  • pooh072572
    Options
    Hi! I just started this week, and this is so very helpful. It allows me to eat what I want without doing all the math. If I eat something a little bad for me, I know that I need to compensate and eat healthier for the remainder of the day. I wish I had found this weeks ago! Good luck, I am sure you will do well:flowerforyou: !
  • EandJmommy
    Options
    Welcome...I've had lots of support here! Hope it help you too! Dealing with any kind of weight issues is always a challenge. Just know you are not alone and there's always someone here that can answer questions and keep you motivated. Good luck!!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I love this site and it's very helpful. People are very supportive too.

Add me, I'm active at MFP :)
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Welcome, MFP is great not only as a tool to monitor what you eat but the support is awesome. Feel free to friend me if you want! Good Luck on your journey!