Middle Age Fitness Tips?

Options
Anyone have any tips to share? I just turned 40 and finally able to listen just as well as talking.
I do notice sometimes an extra recovery day is sometimes necessary.
I am also ready to try the foam rollers I keep hearing about in Runners World.

Replies

• missfebus
    Options
    I'm 38years old and love the wii fitness. its alot of fun and you can spend an hour on it and enjoy doing it. i also love the wii biggest loser game. it has some awesome work outs on it. I've noticed changing my routines helps cause otherwise I get bored. i've lost 25lbs so far!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you're stretching well before and after your runs and listen to your body, we don't bounce back quite as fast as we use to. :smile:
  • sooperdad
    Options
    I know what you mean about taking longer to recover, I actually don't get sore after a tough workout until the second day after. The first time I noticed this really threw me off because the day after the workout I thought I was good, and I felt so fit, but then the next day rolled around and I was barely able to roll out of bed because I was so sore. Getting old sure is fun...
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    I know what you mean about taking longer to recover, I actually don't get sore after a tough workout until the second day after. The first time I noticed this really threw me off because the day after the workout I thought I was good, and I felt so fit, but then the next day rolled around and I was barely able to roll out of bed because I was so sore. Getting old sure is fun...

This exact thing happened to me today from Monday workout.
    I even Google the term DOMS or delayed onset muscle soreness.
    Now I think it is just comes with the age thing. Now when my body tries to tell me something, I listen.