Tofu Noodles

Options
I heard that Tofu noodles have 1/10th the calories as regular noodles. Regular noodles have 400 calories compared to the same amount of Tofu noodles which only have 40! Now to try and find a place that sells them, anyone have any ideas where to look?

Replies

• Phoenyxtears
    Options
    Bump! I'd like to know also
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Safeway and Save Mart (Formerly Alberstons) have them in the refrigerated produce section. Do a search on the forums here for them, there are a lot of tips on using them because they are a little different.
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I've never heard of tofu noodles but I've used sea kelp noodles, which are like 6cals for 4oz. and they're pretty good, esp in asian dishes. They sell those on amazon but good luck with the tofu noodles, I'm very interested in trying those now.
  • mjrichey7
    Options
    I saw them used on the Nate Berkus(spelling) show Wednesday and thought it would be nice to try them.
  • mdoden333
    Options
    Sorry, been trying to do gluten-free or buckwheat noodles. More healthy but not sure of the calories.
  • mjrichey7
    Options
    I don't know if this will work but here is the link to the episode

http://www.thenateshow.com/videos/detail/1377/making-high-calorie-food-low-calorie/
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    I saw that today, as well and was wondering the same thing....
  • aryaw
    aryaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    They are going to be in the produce department in your smaller stores (Albertsons, Safeway & sometimes Walmart) and in some of the bigger stores it may be in a refrigerated case all to itself (like Fred Meyer).

I just saw this on The Nate Show today...going to check out the book that was recommended too...
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    I have seen them at Henry's Market which is part of Whole Foods Market. If you have one of those stores in your area I am sure they would have it.
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    Someone send me the recipe if you can. I LOVE tofu!