smoothie recipes

Options
hi!

does anyone have any smoothie recipes they'd like to share? looking for something yummy, but not with a whole lot of calories.

thanks all!
ToBR

Replies

• katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've been making a post-workout smoothie with 1 scoop of Vanilla Creme Protein Powder (100 cals) 1 cup of frozen raspberries (70 cals) and 1/2 cup of skim milk (45 cals).....it's great! Almost like sorbet! Very filling too.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    yes I'm eager to find some of these too
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I love just throwing things that I have on hand into the blender and having a different surprise each time.

But the one that I have been sticking to recently is what I like to call pumpkin pie smoothie!! It is sooooo good:

1 banana
    1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin ( I use libby)
    1/2 cup milk (I usually use unsweetened almond, but any will do)
    Few squirts of vanilla extract
    a little bit of sugar (I use a packet of sugar in the raw, but you can use stevia or other sweetener, or just see how it is without)
    pumpkin pie spices (I just shake in some cinnamon and nutmeg because thats what I have)

I smooth that all together and then add ice cubes until its the consistancy that I like it, I like mine thick!!

It turns out so light and creamy and delicious
    With the almond milk it is about 190 cals
    I just add in the ingredients seperately since I use the milk I have on hand and dont always use sugar
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    half a cup frozen fruit
    1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 serving yogurt
    1/2cup water

you can add some sweetner if desired

blend it up and sip it up:)
    So good!!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I make mine with vanilla protein powder, frozen blueberries, banana & unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Blue Diamond Almond Breeze 40 calories). Sometimes I toss in some frozen chopped spinach (u can't taste it) just to boost the health factor even more.
  • sjkiestler
    Options
    Lemon Berry Smoothie
    (Makes 2 servings)

4 oz Blue Berry nonfat yogurt
    3/4 cup of skim milk
    1/2 cup ice
    1/2 cup of blueberries
    1/2 cup of strawberries
    1/2 teaspoon powdered lemonade mix.

Put in the blender and ENJOY :)

This SMOOTHIE is absolutely delicious, seriously. ITS only 100 calories per 8 oz.
    It might be good to add a scoop of whey protein to it also. im gonna try it tomorrow

You definitely won't regret this amazing drink :)
  • petetraylor
    petetraylor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here is one I have used. I have used the frozen peaches, I have also used frozen strawberries and blue berries, these are very tasty and filling. I drink one for breakfast. For on the go or at work, you can buy a $20 portable blender and mix everyting in a blender then blend it when ready.
    12 fl. oz. Peach Smoothie
    Peach Smoothie
    Preparation time: 5 mins
    Yield: 12 fl. oz.
    3/8 cup 1% Milk
    3/8 cup Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
    6 oz. Dole Sliced Peaches-Frozen
    1-1/2 tsp. Whey Protein Powder
    4-1/2 – Ice Cubes

1. Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.

Carbs 33 g Protein14 g Fat2g Calories 198
  • hparke
    hparke Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    half a cup frozen fruit
    1 serving yogurt
    1/2cup water

So good!!

I've been trying to think of another use for cottage cheese...never thought to put it in a blender, though. I'll give it a try :)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fruit smoothie person, so I make this often for Breakfast or Lunch:

1 cup skim milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice (right now I'm using Amplify High Protein by NDS Nutrition, local company)
    2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter (sometimes I do one, sometimes two and add to diary accordingly)
    1/4 cup dry rolled oats
    5-6 large ice cubes

Calorie count is 258, 38g protein, 38 carbs, 4g sugar, 297 sodium
  • kenliesmom
    Options
    I just tried one this week that was a huge hit. I was nervous to try it because it called for blueberries which I am not a huge fan of. But we loved it... My 5 year old put all the ingredients and was sad she didnt get a 3rd glass... lol

1 banana
    1 med sized orange
    1/2 cup blueberriers
    3/4 cup water
    1 cup of ice - if using fresh fruit
    handful of spinach

ENJOY!!!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    half a cup frozen fruit
    1 serving yogurt
    1/2cup water

So good!!

I've been trying to think of another use for cottage cheese...never thought to put it in a blender, though. I'll give it a try :)

Want another recipe for the of cottage cheese...check out my Blog and get the crepe recipe...delicious!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm not that good at making a good smoothie but I do want to try some of these recipes. I use the yoplait smoothie mix in the freezer section. It's 70 calories per half of bag and there are 2 servings, I usually use the whole bag for my smoothie. I add almond milk and blend to desired consistency, they taste really good.
  • jeronz
    Options
    1 cup milk super low fat kind (yellow top here)
    35g plain unsweetened oats
    17g chocolate protein powder (1/2 scoop)
    1 cup frozen raspberries
    5g flaxseed oil
    squirt of honey

434 calories
    9g fat (18% by energy)
    52g carb (48% by energy)
    32g protein (30% by energy)

This keeps me going for 3 hours.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump! I shall use some of these tasty ideas for brekkie sometime thanks for sharing :)
  • TiredOfBeingRound
    TiredOfBeingRound Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the recipes!! Now time to try some out! Kind of scared about the cottage cheese one, but i'll try it!

Have a great day...it's almost the weekend!

ToBR
  • think_thin
    Options
    If you want to add peanut butter to your smoothies and keep the calories down use powdered peanut butter it is is only 45 calories with 1.5 grams of fat and it is so good. I love4 to add it to my smoothies.