Stuffed bell peppers - 278 calories

Options
Just made this tonight, and thought I'd share. :) I'm not a very good cook (more of a "lets order out" person), so I like stuff that is easy and fairly fast. This was yummy, but will probably only happen once in a while. haha It was easy, but took a bit of prep time. I have this same thing on my blog, but with more pictures.

img1332dy.jpg

Ingredients

*Spinach Mix*
1/4 cup egg beaters original (or 1 egg)
8 oz of frozen spinach - thawed and drained
1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese w/ skim milk
1 tsp garlic
substitute salt and pepper to taste

*Meat mix*
8 oz white ground turkey
2 medium tomatoes - chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup chopped green onions
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
substitute salt and pepper to taste

6 Medium to Large Green Bell Peppers

12 tbsp (3/4 cup) Mozzarella Cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds and membranes. Chop edible part of tops and set aside. Rinse peppers under cold water. Place peppers in a large pot; cover with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain peppers and set aside.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add turkey and and onion. Cook and crumble until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add Tomato, feta cheese, and seasonings, cook until turkey is fully cooked, about 6 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg substitute, and garlic. Mix well and set aside.

Place peppers on a baking dish. Spoon in Spinach mix, then meat mix, then 1tbsp mozzarella cheese. Repeat. So the top should have mozzarella cheese.

Bake in oven for 10 minutes (or until cheese looks completely melted)

Replies

• Phoenyxtears
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I've been looking for a healthier Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe!!! Looks great!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    This looks really good!

Is there a subsitute for the turkey? I don't really like ground turkey lol. I tried it once and it did not suit my taste buds.
  • kenliesmom
    Options
    I would think you could either omit the turkey or just add which ever protein you prefer.... not sure though. They do look good tho! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    *Drool* Looks amazing! I'm gonna have to try that one. BF doesn't like feta though so I might have to replace some of the cheese.
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Bump
  • ASBO2Amber
    Options
    I'm defo trying this I love stuffed peppers!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Umm, yummy. I'm defintely going to try this. Thx.