It's the Thursday Daily Thread!! What are you up to today?

Options
Happy Thursday, everyone? Why in the heck am I up this early?

Anyway, it's writing and editing for me this morning. Then teaching music this afternoon. Then a gig at an Irish Pub tonight. It's gonna be a GREAT day! In between all that, I'll talk to friends, eat right, and get some exercise!

What's on your plate today?

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I too have been up real early this wonderful Thursday. I think I was just excited about the kids going back to school. After 2 Snow Days in a row they are ready, and so am I!
    I have already done my Upper Body Kettle Bell workout this morning. Drank a bottle of water. Had Breakfast. Now I am going to rest for a bit before I get on the elliptical for 30 minutes.
    I have to take the kids to school, with a -1 low they don't need to walk to school, even if it is a block. Then I have to shower and go into the big city of Wichita for a dental appointment. Then groceries and drop off bills. Should be a great day!
    Hope you have one too!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Work, work, work ;) What pub Rick?
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    The Golden Ace on East Washington. I co-host and acoustic night there the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month. :) It's the only REAL Irish Pub in town. The rest are corporate knock offs. ;)
  • mon85
    mon85 Posts: 12
    Options
    im going to a real irish pub 2night also :) thats cos i live in ireland hehe
  • JulsDiane
    Options
    I don't think I have ever heard of it, when did it open? Have you went to Manley's Irish Mutt yet? Barb and Charlie (Zanies) just opened it last month.

I looked at their site (golden Ace), I've seen it but never been there. I'm sure my husband has. He lived over in the Christian Park area most of his life.
  • amylouisem
    amylouisem Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i have to go back to my parents house to pick stuff up then i have to go into work on my week off (groan!)
    then an eye test awaits me!
    Can't wait too get new glasses and be able to see properly :smokin:

Hope you all have a great thursday! xx
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    HELLLLLO there,ive just been for my morning walk :) burned some serious cals,already done the weeks shopping,about to have a nice healthy lunch and then do some more exersice to burn up the cals i had with some bloody ginger nuts(dont ask)!lol
    thats about me done!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    After finally having a great night's rest and a glorious bath, I'm off to work. Then it's home, homework supervision and dinner. Later, my husband will work with me on the Bowflex.

Overall, a great day...and one day closer to Friday!!!
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Irish Mutt? Never heard of it! I'm off to do a web search for it! :)
  • JulsDiane
    Options
    It's in the old Rockets building by Kroger on 10th. Look on facebook, not sure they have a webpage set up yet.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Finally made it to work, we had a snow day on Wednesday. Just working, working, working, then go home and try to find a workout that doesn't irritate my hip or elbow. I took a nasty spill in the driveway yesterday.
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm travelling up to Scotland to visit my partners parents. There will be many biscuits oh no!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My husband's taken my SUV to work the past few days with the nasty weather, so I'm just looking forward to getting out of the house! I haven't been to the gym since Saturday, and need to get my C25K on!

And I need to buy another bag of rock salt, because I fell down my pack porch steps last night for the second time in two weeks, and I will NOT do it again!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Working then home to exercise then out with my fiance to go see an advanced screening of the new Matt Damon movie, "The Adjustment Bureau" !!! Friend gave me a free pass :)
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Work from 1pm to 9pm then, depending on the weather, maybe the karaoke bar. It's been a while, besides, I am off tomorrow. :-)
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Well, I was up at 1:30AM with an old dog that needed water and then needed to go out side, then went back to bed and was there about 10 min. and up again because of an old husband with jerky leg syndrome(gotta love it). Checked FB, MFP, make hot chocolate, ate a tiny piece of cranberry bread (stale and so not worth the calories) and then went back to bed and slept til 8. Now encouraging and laughing at you guys and fixin to get dressed and do some kind of work out.
    Watching a special on Dean Karnazes on Live w Regis and Kelly! Who knew...I didn't. Very interesting !
    Have a SAFE Thursday and do something!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    My husband's taken my SUV to work the past few days with the nasty weather, so I'm just looking forward to getting out of the house! I haven't been to the gym since Saturday, and need to get my C25K on!

And I need to buy another bag of rock salt, because I fell down my pack porch steps last night for the second time in two weeks, and I will NOT do it again!

Girl....you be careful!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    HELLLLLO there,ive just been for my morning walk :) burned some serious cals,already done the weeks shopping,about to have a nice healthy lunch and then do some more exersice to burn up the cals i had with some bloody ginger nuts(dont ask)!lol
    thats about me done!
    Looks like someone has really been working very hard. Great job with the weight loss...what an example to follow! You GO!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yet one more snow day here, probably tomorrow as well. Did my 30 day shred and 10 extra cardio minutes. Getting ready to eat a late breakfast then onto cleaning the house. Dreaming of spring!
  • megpalmer
    Options
    I was up early this morning too. Hubby has been calling me at about 6 every morning to get me up to work out. (He leaves for PT at 5:30am...YUCK!) Burned over 600 calories doing my Shape Up exercise this morning!!! Today I am taking care of a sick child and listening to what sounds like a war zone outside my house!!! I live on an Army base. I am so sick of the gunfire, tank fire and helicopters flying over my house for training. UGH! lol....Hope everyone is having a healthy HAPPY day!