P90x?

2»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Whew....holy cow!
    Let me tell you what, that'll get up a sweat!
    I'm doing the lean version and WOW!
    I could barely keep up and had to modify a lot of moves.

Important note.....have water.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Whew....holy cow!
    Let me tell you what, that'll get up a sweat!
    I'm doing the lean version and WOW!
    I could barely keep up and had to modify a lot of moves.

Important note.....have water.

Good Job Chubby Bunny! Yep, lot's of water and a towel! It will get easier I promise. Don't forget the pause button, if you need to catch up, or catch your breath.

Carol
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    As others have stated, P90x is the "xtreme" version of the P90 program. There is also P90 for a beginning exerciser and P90 Master Series for those with some exercise history. I was back on forth on choices and ended up buying (and starting) P90 Master. I have to say - it's perfect for me. I have to do most of the moves in modified format (easiest) but I can complete all the movements and most of the reps 1 week in. By day 90 I'm hoping to be on the standard movement for all reps.

For reference, I had some physilcal capability in my past but haven't exercised regularly for many years (I'm 44). I tested myself before I started and I could complete ~10 pushup, maybe 16 sit ups and found 15 seconds of jumping jacks to be enough - not particularly impressive. However, I am using the resistance bands and can complete all the movements with the heaviest bands already (former powerlifting experience helping her, I think). Hopefully this can help guage where you might start.

It's definitly a fun workout - always changing, mixing it up. Good luck to you....Mike
  • I am also doing the lean version and today was my first day. I did Core Synegergistics and WOW it kicked my butt, I honestly thought I was going to throw up once it was all over and I was in the cool down. But I did alot better than I thought I would, I made it through the whole workout, of course I modified a few things, and there were 2 things I couldn't do at all, but I will in time:happy: I'm excited to see what results I get, I just wish I could get my eating habbits where they are suppose to be!!
  • I'm still deciding if I want to spend the money on the system, it looks good, but it's a big pricey! I might just have to stick to my Biggest Loser DVD for a little bit longer..haha..
  • ChubbyBunny
    It took me a whole year to decide on buying it, so don't rush in to it.
    It's an extreme workout and as Tony says, there are other workouts that will give you results.

As of this morning....I have some serious aches in places I didn't know could ache.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    I'm still deciding if I want to spend the money on the system, it looks good, but it's a big pricey! I might just have to stick to my Biggest Loser DVD for a little bit longer..haha..

It's totally worth it! It is pricey, but I always figure my health is worth it. ;o)
  • jessmomof3
    It's an extreme workout and as Tony says, there are other workouts that will give you results.

As of this morning....I have some serious aches in places I didn't know could ache.

Woohoo, gotta love those DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). And yes, a towel and water bottle are requirements for the workouts!

Jess
  • ChubbyBunny

Woohoo, gotta love those DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). And yes, a towel and water bottle are requirements for the workouts!

Jess

Totally agree on the water and towel....there was a moment I was thinking I may pass out.
    Wouldn't hurt to have a tiny snack before hand too. (I did it right out of bed, before breakfast....not good).
  • jessmomof3
    Totally agree on the water and towel....there was a moment I was thinking I may pass out.
    Wouldn't hurt to have a tiny snack before hand too. (I did it right out of bed, before breakfast....not good).

Yeah, you might want to eat something before you start. A banana always works for me!

Jess
  • edidri6
    edidri6 Posts: 15 Member
    GreySweatShirt-

I was unsure of whether to get the P90X set at first as well and opted for the Power 90 version to start with. Frankly, I wasn't sure if I could 'Bring It" at that level. Let me tell you, you will enjoy the Power 90 worjouts and they are challenging enough if you set your mind to following the routines with a good level of strict form. I am finishing my first 90 days and plan to start P90X on Sept 15.

I will go out on a limb and bet that after you start working out with Tony and the Kids, you'll get bitten by the Beachbody Bug and get the P90X system as well. All you need is a doorway for the bar they sell, which is quite good by all reviews I've read.

It is so easy to just get in the workout by starting the DVD. Do that and follow the diet plan and you will get results!!

Best of luck in your decision and feel free to e-mail me with any questions!

"Bring It!"