Taking Advice Part Three

Options
So, I've done some reading up on osteoarthritis and any strength exercise that doesn't include impact is probably a good thing. Day three - legs. Three sets each with eight reps: Squats, Romanian Deadlift, Leg Extension, Calf Raises, and Single-Leg Deadlift (10 reps on these). I used extremely light weights and will work up from there. My knees do hurt. Of course they hurt before I started, so time will tell. Tomorrow its back to chest and triceps...

Replies

• hnlymark
    Options
    So, I've done some reading up on osteoarthritis and any strength exercise that doesn't include impact is probably a good thing. Day three - legs. Three sets each with eight reps: Squats, Romanian Deadlift, Leg Extension, Calf Raises, and Single-Leg Deadlift (10 reps on these). I used extremely light weights and will work up from there. My knees do hurt. Of course they hurt before I started, so time will tell. Tomorrow its back to chest and triceps...
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    wow!
    Keep it up!
    I hope your knees feel better!
    WTG!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! Resistance training in combination with a LOT of stretching will increase your ROM and should help reduce pain. It's important *not* to 'push' through any pain though...normal muscle discomfort is okay, but if you feel any joint pain you should stop the exercise immediately. We want to make sure you're just making improvements and not making anything worse. :smile: