Have you tried this?

Options
Has anyone tried weight loss aids like OxyElite Pro? My friend says that she and her husband have been taking it and it really suppresses her appetite. I have never tried anything like that, but I am kinda intrigued. Any input?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I never really believed in any of those "magic pills." I would not want to suppress my appetite because I have to eat 6 times a day, which is the only way I can lose my weight.
  • traceytoo
    Options
    hem, I haven't tried anything like that because it's not my physical appetite that needs to be supressed it's my emotional appetite, so physical appetite supressants won't work .. I eat for loads of reasons, very rarely hunger, happiness BOREDOM, sadness, you name it I will eat for it lol .... so haven't really tried anything like that because I'd still be emotionally hungry
  • genianc
    genianc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My husband currently takes the Oxy one. It appears to work for him but it only works for six weeks, and then you have to go off. I, personally, didn't get any benefit from it at all. Plus, my doctor told me not to take any diet pills because of my BP. And prepare yourself, you are going to get lots of posts on here telling you to make a lifestyle change and eat healthy and exercise. While I agree with them, sometimes they come off a little uppity :o) But, I'd just say that whatever you do, you need to do something that you can maintain. Good luck!
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Weight loss "aids" are not sustainable, and usually not very good for you. It's so much better to just eat clean, whole foods, and make it your lifestyle, not a short term solution. I would highly discourage this.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    i think an appetitie surpressant is not the way to go as you basically put your body into starvation mode and you are not likely to lose any weight. I was given orlistat tablets from the doctor which stop your body from absorbing most of the fats in foods but I didn't get on well with them so am going it the old fashioned way good food and exercise. not sure where you are from but in the UK we have alli which is a over the counter for of orlistat and adios which is a herbal product designed to flush your system on a daily basis x
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you use aids to suppress your appetite how would you ever learn how to control your appetite on your own? Thats part of the process.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Weight loss "aids" are not sustainable, and usually not very good for you. It's so much better to just eat clean, whole foods, and make it your lifestyle, not a short term solution. I would highly discourage this.
    ditto
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    So I guess they will be taking those pills for the rest of their lives to keep the weight off forever. As soon as they stop the pills they will gain all back and then some. There is no such thing as a quick fix.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    Are you going to take this for the rest of your life? If not, plan on gaining as soon as you stop. Maintaining ANY weight loss is hard enough without screwing up your body with drugs of any kind.

Conversely, being stable at a slightly higher than desirable weight is infinitely better for you than yoyo-ing.

And once you've gained a bunch, you change your body forever. Call it resetting your set-point or whatever, you now have a tougher job than if you'd just stayed those 4-5lbs higher than you wanted. So if you're trying to lose after a big gain, you're working against what your body has learned. Not trying to be a downer here, just realistic.

Cheers

Kat