a healthy-er super bowl ?

Options
`Chili made with tomatoes , beans and lean turkey (top with fat free cheese/ sour cream)

`potato skins topped with salsa, reduce-fat cheese/ sour cream, and spices

`oven fry chicken (w/out skin) dipped in egg whites and bread crumbs( I like to add a little heat with some spices or hot sauce) serve with light ranch dressing/ honey-mustard/ BBQ...

` put out fresh fruit for something sweet

` serve baked chips and make your own low fat dip using reduced fat sour cream as a base

`for yummy sandwhichs use lean lunch meats and reduced fat/fat free cheese. Low fat mayo's and light dressings. use whole-grain breads or wraps and pile on the veggies

tip don't eat right off the trays because we all tend to eat more this way put in on a plate and slow down

any more healthy-er ideas

Replies

• ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!! ^5
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I am having a Pizza Bar - Personal size crusts with plenty of veggies for those trying to be healthy & turkey sausage/pepperoni, low-fat cheese.
  • hunterdawg95
    Options
    Crockpot full with jimmy dean sausage dip with multiple bags of chips! I love the superbowl!!!!
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome ideas! My husband and I were already trying to figure out what we were going to do for Super Bowl too! Now i have some great ideas! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Meat and Cheese Tray with lean meats and lower fat cheeses- offer with mustard and low fat crackers and sliced baguettes (build your own sammies- you control the cals and the folks who don't care can go for it!)

Veggie Tray (even at a super bowl party they get devoured) you can make ranch with fat free plain yogurt instead of sour cream WAY better (imho) and healthier!

Baked Sweet Poato Fries

Baked Chicken Fingers

Shrimp with cocktail sauce

Taco Bar!!
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    This sounds delicious for ANY time! :]

I'm going to a party at someone else's house, but I am planning on packing some fruit.. yum. The hosts are ordering pizza without cheese and lots of veggies for themselves and they offered to share with me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I love tuna macaroni salad using lite Ranch dressing instead of mayo. Yum!

But keep an eye on the labels on the dressings, because the regular ones often have less carbs and sodium than the low or no fat versions, without a huge increase in calories.
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    what is the website hungry girls??? anyway she had a baked cheese stick recipe before Christmas. I can't remember specifics, but you crush or grind fiberone cereal, and mix in italian seasoning and you use string cheese. wash the string cheese in egg white, then roll in crushed fiberone cereal. Bake in oven. It is yummy. I usually buy some low sodium, low calorie marinara sauce and they dip it in. I just eat the cheese stick plain. They are GOOD!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    what is the website hungry girls??? anyway she had a baked cheese stick recipe before Christmas. I can't remember specifics, but you crush or grind fiberone cereal, and mix in italian seasoning and you use string cheese. wash the string cheese in egg white, then roll in crushed fiberone cereal. Bake in oven. It is yummy. I usually buy some low sodium, low calorie marinara sauce and they dip it in. I just eat the cheese stick plain. They are GOOD!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/

And I just thought of another idea!!
    Pinwheels!!
    high fiber tortilla (la tortilla factory makes a really yummy one)
    w/ hummus or lowfat cream cheese
    Lean sliced turkey
    Lettuce, tomato etc.. Roll up and slice.

Desert Pinwheel!!
    High fiber tortilla
    Fat free/low fat cream cheese
    sliced fresh peaches, nectarines or fruit preserves
    Roll up and slice. (I might do this for the super bowl...)