Need to lose one whole person...

Options
OMG, I was just sitting here thinking about my weight loss goals. I realized that I need to lose about 120lbs. That is the weight of a normal sized woman! I have the extra weight of one whole person on my body. Holy cow! Isn't that weird to think about? If you are in the same situation, I guarantee that thinking of it that way will certainly keep you from eating that pint of Ben and Jerry's. The funny thing is, I don't feel like I have the weight of one extra person on me, but I sure am ready to get it off!

Replies

• LoserCruiser
    Options
    I also need to lose a whole person:( feel the same way, I don't feel slow or slugish, but imagine how much pressure it puts on our heart! I just wish it was easier to lose, I love my food, lol.
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    I need to lose a whole child? I'm not sure how much one weighs, but I'm going for 40 lbs. So I too need to lose a whole person!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WOW! I've been craving some McDonalds and was thinking about hitting the drive thru after work tonight....thinking now it doesn't sound like such a hot idea!:noway:
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    and all the weight is bad on your knees :( I'm 22 and already have bad knees. Good luck with the loss!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    That's the same realization I came to that made me truly want to lose weight. You can't force your self on a diet, otherwise you'll never stick to it, ya know? You have to want it...and it finally hit me that I weighed the same as two of my sorority sisters combined. Huge turning point.
  • charlami
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel and thank you for putting it into perspective for me. I have been fighting for a way to help keep me motivated and I think that thinking along those lines will do it.

Char
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    I need to lose a whole child? I'm not sure how much one weighs, but I'm going for 40 lbs. So I too need to lose a whole person!

Haha, glad I could be of service!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    From my starting weight to my ultimate goal weight, I need to lose one large person or two medium children. Half my body weight. Ugh.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    WOW! I've been craving some McDonalds and was thinking about hitting the drive thru after work tonight....thinking now it doesn't sound like such a hot idea!:noway:

DON'T DO IT!! LOL! McDonalds is one of my down falls:( Don't know why, its such crap cheap food, but man I love it, lol.
  • KatieJoDunlap
    KatieJoDunlap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here Here Sister!!! I was just thinking the same thing.. Even worse then that I am worried about my skin when this skinny girl is free of another person on her. I will always show the 300+lbs I have put on my body. I also worry about my face. I have always been the fat girl with a pretty face. What is my face goes south and i look older then I am or UGLY!!! I am kinda scared to be skinny sometimes.
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh I dunno. I consider myself normal at 150 but all I really want to say is: Just don't lose YOU. It's amazing the things we think of though. I think of bags of flour and anything I pick up that I know the weight of. Let's do this!!
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    Here Here Sister!!! I was just thinking the same thing.. Even worse then that I am worried about my skin when this skinny girl is free of another person on her. I will always show the 300+lbs I have put on my body. I also worry about my face. I have always been the fat girl with a pretty face. What is my face goes south and i look older then I am or UGLY!!! I am kinda scared to be skinny sometimes.

Don't let fear stand in your way. I bet you will look just as pretty when you get to your goal and just think of how much healthier and happier you will be. A happy, healthy, thin girl always looks better than a tired, depressed, chubby one! LOL
  • KatieJoDunlap
    KatieJoDunlap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really NEEDED that :)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I could give you a person to lose....Oh. wait. That's not what you meant. Nevermind. :ohwell:
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options

DON'T DO IT!! LOL! McDonalds is one of my down falls:( Don't know why, its such crap cheap food, but man I love it, lol.

I love it too, maybe they put crack in the food to keep us coming. Even though I must say I have been proud of myself I haven't went to the devil place for over 2 months!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I am fairly sure I will end up losing 1/2 my body weight as well... or what I weighed in college plus a few pounds! It is scary to think of in those terms! Admittedly I will be losing a *small* adult... but I'm supposed to be a pretty small adult to begin with! :)

Working right now on losing my 5 year old... 3.6 pounds to go (yes, he is a very small 5 year old too!)

I'm worried about what I'll look like at the end of all of this too... I've been 35-40 pounds lighter than I am right now fairly recently (about 4 years ago)... but beyond that I have no idea!
  • foodbuzz
    foodbuzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yikes, don't eat fast foods because they are made of polymeric chlosteric "plastic" organic liquids (compounds) that are magnetized that have a feature that causes it to change polarity and it sticks to your body as fat!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Yikes, don't eat fast foods because they are made of polymeric chlosteric "plastic" organic liquids (compounds) that are magnetized that have a feature that causes it to change polarity and it sticks to your body as fat!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(I think this is a joke...right? :ohwell:)
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Girl, i have 120LBS to lose too...well, 109 now....I know the feeling, you CAN DO THIS!! Keep that head up....I just hired a personal trainer....i start on next Tuesday...hopefully i can get through this... :D
  • moquintana
    moquintana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have 132 to lose still...Im down 20 though WOOHOO...Feel free to add me as a friend.