Hungry

Options
Hello All,

looking for some advice - I've been on this for only a few days and I've overate on my calories each day - the foods I've consumed have been quite high carb and protein and overall low fat. I am finding that I am really hungry all the time - I know there is a bit of hunger with diets but I am really hungry - any advice on what to eat to feel full without going mad on the calories???? Thanks D

Replies

• oldscratch
    Options
    try adding servings of salad with some red wine vinegar. that used to help with hunger when i was doing the hi pro lo carb routine
  • melkarmel
    Options
    Egg whites, turkey, chicken, lowfat cottage cheese-more protein will help keep you full!
  • menace244
    menace244 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water
  • karljp
    karljp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is your first couple of days, so you can expect this feeling for about 2 weeks and it will subside as my night craving have gone away now mostly:-) But, drink at least 8 cups of water and the suggestions above with protein are good, but try to eat something every 2-3 hours so you don't have long periods with nothing. Also, cardio, cardio so you can eat more!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I eat hard boiled egg whites, veggies, apples, herb tea, sparkling water with lemon. I think in terms of high volume-low cal. Helps me when I get too hungry.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    High-carb/low-fat diets make me hungry and kind of crazy. To keep me sane and satisfied, I get the bulk of my calories from protein, fat and fiber. I do eat carbs, but I try to get the majority of my carbs from veggies. Some foods always on hand:

Salmon
    Tilapia
    Cod
    Turkey Cold Cuts
    Pork Tenderloin
    Liquid Egg Whites
    Bacon (2 slices is only 80 calories!)
    Reduced fat Swiss Cheese slices
    Frozen Spinach
    Frozen Winter Squash
    Sprouts
    Hummus
    Veggies for roasting/baking (brussels sprouts, eggplant, sweet onion, carrotts, mushrooms)
    Olive Oil

This is all I can think of off the top of my head :)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Charmagne
  • FloridaKat
    Options
    Are you eating enough fat? That will definitely help keep the hunger at bay. I try to add some of the healthy fats to each meal, like nuts, olive oil, avocados, flax seed, etc. Hope this helps!
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    I really like eating oatmeal, it's thick and sticks to ya. Also Yogurt and a fruit is great too. I drink alot of water to help curve the hunger, alot of friends chew gum to help.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes, your body probably needs fat...olive oil, avocado, seeds, Nuts!
  • denise007
    denise007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - your progress is inspiring D
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes, your body probably needs fat...olive oil, avocado, seeds, Nuts!

That's interesting!! I was ravenous all day yesterday and just really wanted to stuff and stuff!! Although i went over my calories by 204, it was only because of poor food choices and no exercise yesterday.

I will have to remember to eat more good fats rather than trying to avoid them......

I'm hungry! :sad: