New with question

Options
I was using your site to watch sugars and carbs... I looked up teavana teas and rock sugar...how can rock sugar be listed with NO carbs...sugar is sugar isn't it? I want to use a site I can trust for correct nutrition info..Could someone please help me with this issue?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Most food items are added by users. If you want the info from packages you can look for yourself to see if they are correct or you can use the items with the * next to them.

I looked up rock sugar and it had 5 gs of sugar in one tsp.
  • Indimenticabile1
    Options
    Many of the entries (if not all) are from MFP members. This means that some the information has the possibility of being inaccurate.

To find the most accurate information, seek out the entries that have been "confirmed" by other users the most. It's just an easy way to see that other people have double-checked that information and they believe it is correct.

It is not a perfect system, but once you learn to navigate it, it is really very easy.
  • mrsksanchez
    Options
    4 grams........teaspoon
  • mrsksanchez
    Options
    A standard serving is 1 tsp., which provides a total of 25 calories.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/316851-german-rock-cane-sugar-calories/#ixzz1CuZIy9rt
  • mrsksanchez
    Options
    Overview

German rock sugar is an all-natural sweetener. It's not processed like white granulated sugar, which helps to maintain its authentic flavor. It can be used to sweeten any food or beverage, but is most commonly used to sweeten tea.
    Calories

A standard serving is 1 tsp., which provides a total of 25 calories. Adding a tablespoon to a cup of tea or coffee increases the caloric value of your drink by 75 calories.
    High Fructose Corn Syrup What Does Scientific Research Really Say About HFCS? www.SweetSurprise.com/
    Sponsored Links
    Carbohydrates

All of these calories come from carbohydrates in the form of sugar: 5 g of sugar in a teaspoon.
    Granulated Sugar

German rock sugar contains more calories than standard granulated sugar, which provides only 16 calories per teaspoon. This makes a tablespoon of white granulated sugar equivalent to 48 calories, or 27 fewer calories than the same amount of German rock sugar.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/316851-german-rock-cane-sugar-calories/#ixzz1CuZa1fJO