workouts

Options
So im looking for some new workouts which are some of your guys favorites? I do my biggest loser one on the kinect and I do tae bo I love taebo. But im looking for something to keep me on my toes. any suggestions?

Replies

• lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    If you have access to a rowing machine, it is a complete body workout.
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used to love step aerobics three times a week. At first you feel really stupid because you get all the steps wrong and I have seen people trip over steps but once you get it right it's fantastic. It's a great workout and when you really want to push yourself you can heighten the step. You also feel like you've achieved something when you learn all the steps, like a dance routine.

I also like yoga in the morning because it is a great gentle way to wake up and it also improves flexibility.

I would say the best exercise is to find a hobby that you really love because it won't feel like work. Hillwalking is great because you get to see the beautiful outdoors and you burn so many calories you can stuff your face with chocolate halfway up! Maybe try something a bit more extreme like snowboarding or climbing. You're so busy thinking about not falling over/your technique that you forget it's exercise.

Ooh and roller blading is super fun.

Good luck

x
  • taffmister
    taffmister Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!!!!!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shread or any of Davina McCall's fitness DVD's (Amazon UK) :flowerforyou:
    OR even a swim - i love swimming, great for toning you up!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Zumba is fun and challenging. I've recently started doing The Firm Boot Camp for Maximum Calorie Burn. I also like my Power Pump class.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Boxing classes :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Get Zumba for the Kinect. They just lowered the price to $39.99. I got it this week-end and I absolutely love it. The menu takes a little time to get use to, but once you figure it out you are good to go.
  • dboylen
    dboylen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun and i like the walking videos. i just wear 5ld weighs on each leg and then i carry eight lb ones in each hand and that is starting to work for me i just started doing this again on tuesday. anything is a workout. then i got the jillians videos and those are hard but fun.