How about some Body Combat love?

mckval
mckval Posts: 64 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have seen many posts here about the merits of Zumba, Shred, Yoga, Pilates, PX90, etc...I just want to say that if you have a chance to attend a Body Combat class, you won't regret it. It is a full-body workout! And fun! And, if you have any pent-up aggression at all, you'll certainly address that. And you will work your core like crazy.
Just wanting to spread some Body Combat love.

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Try Body Attack, too!!! I do it 4 times a week, and I've NEVER been in better shape! In fact, when I was running 4-5 miles, 4x per week, I wasn't in as good of shape as I am now that I take Body Attack regularly! (I was cardiovascularly fit, but Body Attack includes strength training as well, which ROCKS!)
  • I do Body Pump at my gym and they started having Body Combat classes.... I'm nervous to try it though... Not sure why.
  • mckval
    I do Body Pump at my gym and they started having Body Combat classes.... I'm nervous to try it though... Not sure why.

If you do Body Pump, there's no reason you should be nervous about Combat. It does have more choreography, I think...but it's not as complex as some of the other aerobic classes. Try it!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Out of the whole Les Mills range I really love RPM, love Body Pump, and I think Body Combat is a great laugh.

Personally I didn't like Body Attack, but then I don't like aerobics in general.

I don't bother with Body Balance, because if I want to do yoga or pilates etc then I'll do yoga or pilates not one of these mishmash classes.

But the good thing about their range is that there's something for everyone. Different strokes for different folks etc.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    I do Body Pump at my gym and they started having Body Combat classes.... I'm nervous to try it though... Not sure why.

Me too - I am nervous because I don't think I could keep up. Does it involve jumping? I really don't like to jump but I am a huge fan of the Les Mills program too - Body Flow, Pump, Vive and Step are all regular classes for me.
  • mckval

Me too - I am nervous because I don't think I could keep up. Does it involve jumping? I really don't like to jump but I am a huge fan of the Les Mills program too - Body Flow, Pump, Vive and Step are all regular classes for me.

The closest thing to jumping is the hitch kick...and you don't always do that. And, you can always modify it so you don't jump. That's what I like about the whole thing, is you can bring the intensity down until you get your act together. Shoot, I started going when I was 40lbs overweight. It took a while for me to be able to get to where I can actually do all the moves. But the instructors where I go aren't the kind that call you out--they even give you options for lower intensity if you need it.
This discussion has been closed.