No white at night

Options
So, recently I have made a small change in my diet (I had hit a plateau), which is no white at night. So after 4pm I am not eating pasta, white rice, bread, baked goods, no potatoes or potato products. My question is, I LOVE bread, and I eat a 12 grain wheat bread that yields around 7 grams of fiber per slice. In the ingredients it does not use the words "enriched" and it specifically mentions no use of bleached flour. Could I eat this in the evenings? Would this be considered a "white". I love to eat soup or fish in the evenings with a slice of bread and butter.

Any thoughts???

Replies

• mresta
    mresta Posts: 33
    Options
    I avoid any sort of of bready carbs in the evening, white or otherwise.
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that to be a "white" item because it's grains and nothing enriched. I don't think one slice at night will do any harm especially if you eat it 3 hours before bed. Just my thought.
  • nickiejohnson
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that to be a "white" item because it's grains and nothing enriched. I don't think one slice at night will do any harm. Just my thought.

I agree! Whole grains are so much better for you and deprieving yourself isn't good, so I would have one slice and feel ok with it! :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Actually it is best to avoid "white" as much as possible 24/7 not just at night.
  • miriamcpweg
    miriamcpweg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Carbs should not be eaten at night, white or bran. Eat it a bit earlier, that way you get the most out of your sleep. Carbs can decrease the release of growth hormones at night which aid in losing weight.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Wasa Crisp 7 Grain Crackerbread?? It is Yummmmy!!!

******* This is NOT you mothers Wasa Crisp*********

3 pieces = 60 calories

I use it with:
    laughing cow 35 calorie wedges
    100 calorie guacamole snack pack
    my homemade chicken salad

Good stuff!!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    So, recently I have made a small change in my diet (I had hit a plateau), which is no white at night. So after 4pm I am not eating pasta, white rice, bread, baked goods, no potatoes or potato products. My question is, I LOVE bread, and I eat a 12 grain wheat bread that yields around 7 grams of fiber per slice. In the ingredients it does not use the words "enriched" and it specifically mentions no use of bleached flour. Could I eat this in the evenings? Would this be considered a "white". I love to eat soup or fish in the evenings with a slice of bread and butter.

Any thoughts???

Don't worry about it. As long as you stay within your calorie deficit goal for the day (in truth the entire week) then it won't make a blind bit of difference to your progress.

Enjou your slice of bread and butter with your evening meal.
  • angie718
    Options
    Thank you for all the opinions and great advice!