30 Day Shred

Options
I'm considering getting Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. However I workout in a gym nearly every day. I'm wondering if anyone is using it and going to the gym. If so, what's routine? Do you do it every other day? OR do you workout and then come home and do it?

Thanks for your response.

Replies

• LChabot86
    LChabot86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym so i do the 30 day shred and then hop on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Her Videos are good but they just dont seem like enough of a workout. I do the video 5-6 times a week.
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am on day 27 of the 30 day Shred!
    I do the 30 day shred in the morning and hit the gym for in the afternoon for 40 minutes to an hour
  • jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day Shred myself but not going to the gym. I guess what you could do is do the Shred on your off days. Or if you do weights on one day and then cardio the next just do it on the days with your cardio. Hope that makes sense.

Exp. Monday Weights
    Tuesday shred/cardio
    Wed Weights

Etc. I don't think I would do it in conjunction with weights since you are doing a full body workout on the shred.

Hope this helps give you some ideas. Good luck
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I use my videos when I have to work and I know I won't be able to fit the gym/run in after work. I will often do about 1 1/2 hours of videos...at 5am on those days..sometimes I will do 2 different levels etc....they are a good workout but as someone who works out and is in decent shape I don't find them to be overly exhausting...I do use a heavier set of hand weights sometimes on the first set then switch to the lighter ones for the 2nd set to maintain form..etc.

The videos are great for a quick workout or in combination with others for a nice long workout...it is my strength training most of the time too...
  • determined3138
    Options
    I have been doing her Shred It With Weights and love it! The kettlebell is fun and boy do I sweat. I have her quote on my computer, "All you have to do is exercise, eat right, shut up, and listen to me!" LOL I've been thinking of getting the 30 day shred just to mix it up. I think a change in routine does a body good.
  • melle27
    Options
    I` M DOING THE 30 DAY SHRED .I LOVE IT .
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I do the shred in the morning 5 times a week (only 1 level) in addition to 60 mins cardio 5-6 times a week and yoga 1-2 times a week. My body needs a good combination of things not to mention that I get bored easy :)
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred Level 2 this morning after doing JM Yoga Meltdown and I've been doing Shred for over a year now. I still love it. I workout at home and have several different DVDs that I just alternate and mix and match. If you ever feel like 30DS isn't enough of a workout just up your weights and THEN you'll feel it.
  • racheyanne1
    Options
    I am on day 27 of the 30 day Shred!
    I do the 30 day shred in the morning and hit the gym for in the afternoon for 40 minutes to an hour

How has it worked for you?