Day 1 starting alli Monday

Options
Greetings all...
Starting Alli on Monday. Ordered the pills today and waiting for them to arrive. I have had success in the past on dramatic low carb diets, but as I am aging I am finding out that it does not work as well anymore, and I'm just plain tired all of the time. So, a new strategy is called for.

My Plan: Exercise 4x per week. Calorie intake 1500 per day. No more than 30 grams of Fat.

Thinking of trying a flush the first week, wondering if anyone has tried any of the home body flush diets. Looking for some feedback.

Thanks and God Bless.

Diane

Replies

• karen4777
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight and kept it off for a number of years. One thing I learned out of trial and error that there is no magic pill. It is all about eating nutritiosly and burning calories. Best of luck on your journey
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    you really have to watch your fat intake closely with alli no more than 13g of fat per meal or you may have some unpleasant side effects... lets just say the "slippery runs"
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Alli is SUPER bad for you and its not a permanent way to lose weight. I recomend going to see a dietitian about weight loss.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    was tempted by Alli - but didn't fancy the possible side effects! Think I'll go at it without for now - Though if i could find them I'd start with the Adios again - I bought some a while back but I seem to have misplaced them!!!

Good luck on Monday x
  • dnorthup
    dnorthup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Diann, I've worked with my weight for many years, some times managing it better than other times. Unfortunately, I know the quick fixes aren't long lasting, and ultimately, I think that is what we are all seeking. A long term solution to a life long issue. It's about educating yourself on the nutrition of food, learning how to eat healthy and give your body what it needs, and incorporate exercise to keep yourself physically fit. Interestingly, Dr. Oz just did a segment on colon cleansing and he highly discouraged it saying it not only flushes away the bad bacteria, but the good, and there is chance of puncturing your colon. I started using this site just a couple weeks ago and find it very helpful. I've never seen a food database so extensive, and FREE. Best of luck with your goals. It's a lifelong journey of changing our behavior that will help us reach them.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why is it SUPER bad? It's the only diet pill that's FDA approved and it was recommended by my doctor.
    I've been taking Alli for a couple of weeks and am noticing more weight loss than without it. I agree that there is no "magic" pill but Alli isn't a solution it's just an aid.

Also the side effects are not that bad, I only get them when I've eaten something really bad for me (I see the side effects as a punishment). And they get better once your body acclimates.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I don't know why Alli is "super bad", but I read enough unpleasant reviews on Amazon.com from people more knowledgeable than myself to make me never want to try the stuff.

Just because something is FDA approved does NOT mean it's perfectly safe. Even the FDA can mistakes and will recall things, sometimes there just isn't enough long term data available early on.

I agree with the other posters about learning how to manage your body naturally. Eat lots of fiber, lean proteins, and fresh veggies and fruits, exercise for healthful benefits, etc...

Anyway, don't want to step on anyone's toes - but don't be lulled into a false sense of security because something is FDA approved.

My 2 cents.
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Been doing research on Alli for about 3 months. Have a good friend who has lost about 145 lbs and has kept it off for about 2 years. Didn't really want to go this route, but have had some emotional and physical struggles this past year and I need to get the weight loss thing moving, right now I am 302 and all of my joints hurt, and I just feel lousy. I know that Alli is not the permanent answer, but I think at least it will keep me honest for the time being. If I step out of line so to speak, the side effects will be, well lets just say "unpleasant" lol.

Wish me luck, I've got 4 kids and 2 baby grandaughters counting on "grammy" to get her act together.

God Bless all...hope to get to know all of you and enjoy the ride.

Diane

SW- 302
    Goal- 185
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I appreciate everyone's thoughts. Actually, its helping me be honest on my diet, and I really need to get it going. At 41, I'm not feeling well and it shows. So for now Alli is, as Anderson Cooper says, "keeping me honest". I've lost 5 lbs and feel good. Not too many unpleasantries...for now...lol...

Love you all...
  • MadisonLeavens
    MadisonLeavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Alli for a month now and have not had even one side effect episode in which they speak of. I carefully watch my fat intake though and I have the book which has menu plans and the "phases" of the Alli diet. I'm having pretty good success with it. One thing that I like is that it is FDA approved and the only FDA approved OTC diet aid.

Good luck.