Frozen Dinners

Options
Thought I would start a thread about your favorite frozen dinner. I know they have been a life saver for me at lunch time, easy, quick, low cal, and fairly healthy. I just had a Kashi Spicy Black Bean Enchilada, and I have to say it’s going on my favorite list. What are some of yours?

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the Smart Ones pizzas!
  • femouse
    femouse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own homeade mini pizzas in a big batch and freeze them.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Kashi Mexicalli black bean pizza
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MorningStar Farms sesame "chicken" (tofu)
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I really like the Lean Cuisine Macaroni and Cheese! I have them either for lunch at work or at home when I'm on the run. Good way to get my mac and cheese fix without all of the extra calories! They're about 280 per package I believe
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's Kitchen meals... they taste like REAL food! Most days I try to stick to leftovers or stuff from home, but these are my stand-bys in a pinch :) My fave is the Tamale Verde.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Kashi Pesto Penne Pasta! I love to throw that on top of some fresh spinach! yummy! <3

4137137.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Manda1987
    Options
    My favourites are honestly the ones I make myself (not to sound all condescending).

I find that frozen meals tend to be a) too small, b) full of salt and c) expensive! I do a lot of batch cooking, so I freeze meals in individually sized Ziploc containers. Beef stew, chicken stew, homemade soup, spaghetti sauce, chili... the list goes on.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Homestyle Salisbury Steak - it has a dessert with it!!!

Also, Schwan's LiveSmart Sesame Chicken Dinner.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Steamers Chicken Margherita. In fact Healthy Choice is my fave frozen Dinner brand. But I do try and stay away from boxed dinners.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones Fiesta Quesadilla and I add a dollop of light sour cream and 2tbsp salsa, yum!!!
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like most of the Kashi Frozen dinners
  • Beastiephile
    Options
    I love Amy's Kitchen meals... they taste like REAL food! Most days I try to stick to leftovers or stuff from home, but these are my stand-bys in a pinch :) My fave is the Tamale Verde.

Amy's Kitchen is my favourite, too! I'm addicted to the soy Mac 'n Cheese, and the Veggie loaf with mashed potatoes. I just made myself hungry!!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    My favourites are honestly the ones I make myself (not to sound all condescending).

I find that frozen meals tend to be a) too small, b) full of salt and c) expensive! I do a lot of batch cooking, so I freeze meals in individually sized Ziploc containers. Beef stew, chicken stew, homemade soup, spaghetti sauce, chili... the list goes on.

I was going to say the same thing. I find most mass produced frozen dinners to be pretty bland and loaded with all sorts of preservatives and things I can't pronounce. Every once in awhile I'll revisit them, and am promptly reminded why I don't buy them. I thought Kashi might rise to the occasion, but sadly, they did not.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

I agree, I used to eat the Healthy Choice ones, but for the same reasons, especially the sodium I gave them up. My favorite is a so simple black bean soup that is just cans of low sodium (rinsed to get rid of the rest of the sodium) black beans, roasted tomatoes, corn and fresh onions and pepers... just heat it all up, divide into portions, microwave when you're hungry!
  • Shay127
    Shay127 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Frozen foods are a lifesaver for me too for lunch and even for dinner if I want something light/low cal. I love the brands Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, & Smart Ones. I always look for ones that look like something I would pick at a restaurant and every time I do that I love them! When i am in the mood for pizza, I will sometimes get Lean Pockets Pepperoni. I know some of other brands have pizzas too.