XBox vs Wii

Options
O.K. I'm getting ready to take the plunge for one of these goodies and I can't decide.

I want the Wii mostly for Zumba (even though I've never done Zumba on the Wii), and I have played Wii bowling before! However, someone here at work overheard me talking about it and shouted "DON'T BUY THE WII".

So, I started thinking XBox, because they have the BIggest Loser workout and I'm sure there's some other cool stuff (as in I would LOVE to play old school Mario Bros...i don't even know if you can get it for XBox...???)

I guess what I'm saying, bottom line, is that I don't know didly squat about either, so therefore I don't really know what I want.

Can someone please tell me what I want?!?!?!

:laugh:

Replies

• ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would suggest the XBox and spring for the Kinect. It is the motion senosr similar to that of the wii however there is no controller to hold and alot more accurate.
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Wii! I have the zumba, the just dance, sports, etc, All great workouts. And you CAN play Mario on it :) The Xbox Kinect is fun, but I'm a Nintendo girl :)
  • lalamcneil
    Options
    i have the wii...and wii fit....wouldnt trade it for anything. i also have the biggest loser challenge for the wii...bob has been kicking my butt :).....as for mario bros....you wont be able to play that on xbox, its a nintendo game only. i havent tried the zumba yet on the wii because everyone is sold out in my area :(

good luck with your decision :)
  • wonk1968
    Options
    +1 for the Xbox with kinect, we have both the Wii & Xbox.

The xbox kinect sensor reacts much more realistic to your movements than the Wii.

Im using the Active 2 game from EA sports & its a great workout at home.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I have both..and for fitness..I give the edge to the xbox kinect. Believe me this pains me to say because I was such a wii lover for years. But it's all about what you are into so research it a bit. I think, as of now, wii has more fitness games since the kinect is rather new. And some fitness games I have heard are better on the wii, like zumba. But for overall fitness and fun, I say go kinect.
  • KPack08
    Options
    I actually have both the Wii and the Xbox w/ Kinect. I love the Kinect's games that are out, but I think the Wii has more fitness related games. After playing Wii Fit for a good hour, my core started to get sore. With the Kinect, it was my thighs and calves. I wouldn't recommend one over the other.
  • apertuis
    apertuis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have the Kinect & my sister in law has the Wii. We both really like our gaming systems. I like that I don't have to have a controller to play the games & she doesn't mind the controller. It's really what you prefer. Wii does have alot more fitness games, but I figure since the Kinect is still new that it's only a matter of time before there's more. I have Dance Central & Kinect Sports and enjoy them both. I feel like I get a great work out from both. I'm getting Zumba soon & can't wait!! I've read mixed reviews about it, but guess that it's normal for all new systems & their games. I've played them both and side with the Kinect :)
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii and love it! I just ordered the biggest loser game, cant wait!