What time do you eat breakfast?

Options
The reason I'm asking is because I have to be to work by 6:45am. Thankfully I only live 5 miles from work, so I"m able to make and eat breakfast by 6:30 and out the door by 6:40. It doesn't matter what I make, if it's 300 cal or 450, I'm usually always hungry by 9-9:30am. My normal breakfast consists of either oatmeal or a fiberous cereal, fruit and 2-3 egg whites. Sometimes I'll make a breakfast sandwich using a bagel thin, turkey sausage or ham and light cream cheese w/ fruit. But regardless of the calorie count, or amount of fiber/protien I have with it, I can always be ready for a snack mid morning. Which is usually 150 cals or less. Lunch is usually at 11:30-11:45ish.

What is your usual morning meal/snack time schedule like? And is it normal that I"m getting hungry after a good sized breakfast?
I appreciate any feedback you have! :o)

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I usually get grumbly within an hour of waking. I eat an egg white omelette with reduced Swiss cheese, roasted mushrooms and one slice of thick cut bacon. This usually keeps me full for three hours.

I eat every two to three hours because this is what my body tells me to do. Some people eat more and go longer between meals before experiencing hunger. Everyone is different. If you're hungry, eat! Your body knows what is best for you :)

Charmagne
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is such a thing as normal. Honestly you have lost a good amount of weight so it could just be your bodies way of saying "FEED ME cause your working me out" Its all about food choices, I would try to eat more fiberous things in the morning to keep you fuller longer.

I went from eating breakfast to mainly having protein shakes in the morning and they last me till my snack, then my snack lasts me till lunch.

What are you eating for snacks? I would again suggest fiber... Alot of time my snacks are fiber one 90 cal bars and a piece of fruit.

Another suggestion, I am not sure WHICH bagel thin you are eating but perhaps switching to a whole grain english muffin or something else whole grain may be a better option.

Good Luck!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    6AM w/ morning snack @ 10AM
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary if you want. I'm pretty consistent - a bowl of high protein/high fiber cereal (and one serving, that is. I measure it), with blueberries and skim milk. That keeps me going for hrs. I eat about a 1/2 hr after getting up ( get up at 6 am, eat at 6:30, with the kids). Then I hit the gym for a few hrs, and I'm not hungry if I'm working out. However, if I were working, or at home, I'd start getting hunger pangs by 10:30, so if I eat something at 10, I'm ok til lunch.

Mid morning snack is usu. an Ostrim stick (like a Slim Jim, but HIGH in protein, and practically no fat), which has only 80 cal., or a hard boiled egg. Both are high protein snacks, that tend to fill me up more than crackers, for ex. And drinking lots of water really helps a lot.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4am.
    Breakfast of scrambled egg whites (about 80-100 calories) at 4:40am.
    Snack of half a can of Tuna and yogurt at 8:00am and again at 11:00am.
    Lunch at 1pm.
    Plenty of hot green tea inbetween each of those.

Many times I will be really hungry at 7:00am, but I can usuallu manage to stick it out until 8:00am to eat my snack.
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    Breakfast between 6-6:30 and then snack at 10am. If your body is hungry listen & feed it! I don't think there is any perfect answer, everyone is different but you should listen to your body!
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am a college student, so I eat anywhere from 8 to 11 PM, it depends when I am hungry. I ussually eat lunch three hours later...
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at around 6:30 which is usually 2 egg whites and 3 strips of center cut bacon and then my mid morning snack of fruit or Special K bar around 9:30-10am. It works for me and it looks like your eating 3hrs after your breakfast which I think is about right.