200lbs to lose. Need some motivational support.

Options
Hey everyone,

My name is Jon. I need to lose close to 200 pounds to be at a truly ideal weight. I'm changing my life in several ways this year, and if I'm truly going to succeed then my weight needs to be the biggest change of them all. I'm hoping to make some friends and get some motivational support....things that I don't really get in my every day life. I'm looking forward to talking with a lot of you who also have a large amount of weight to lose.

Thanks!!

Replies

• xerinx2011
    Options
    Hiya!!

Welcom to mfp!! Ive only been on here for a week but its very useful and supportive! Ive got ALOT of weight to lose and know that it will take a long time!! So far ive lost 7lb in a week so im doing something right!!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I have about 160 lbs to lose and thanks to MFP and the support I have gotten I have lost 35 of it. Still along way to go but for once it's something I feel I can accomplish. Feel free to add me if you'd like, we all need as much support as we can get.
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello Jon,

Congratulations on making the decision to make a change in your life for you. I'm on a similar path, in which I want to lose 100+ lbs. Add me as a friend, if you like, and we can motivate each other to new heights. :smile:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I began with 92 pounds to lose and I am very happy with my sucess on MFP so far. My food diary is open so feel free to have a look. Just know it's not perfect...The Taco Bell form Tuesday was not my best idea. But it is real and I eat a varity of foods. Best of luck to you!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    I have about 61lbs I want to lose. Im verrrrrrrrrry lazy right now, and absolutely love eating diviine food lol.

I am kicking into gear today, and actually did my work out DVD instead of just thinking about doing it.

May go to the gym later, or use my elliptical at home.

Good luck, and you can do it!! If you want to chat or need motivation or encouragement (or would like to offer it) just hit me up!!!

:heart:
    Katy
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    This is a great place to get and give support! We are all in the same boat here - learning to live a healthier life. Welcome! I sent you a friend request.......

Sandi
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Hi Jon! So please don't discount me as a friend because A) I'm currently gaining (pregnant) and B) Will have about 50-60lbs to lose once it's all over with...but I would love to be a support partner for you. I've been on the site for over a year now. I was making good progress when I got pregnant, so in five months I'll be starting over again. My first day on the site, I recieved a few friend requests and those friends have stuck with me through all of this. This site is wonderful for advice, motivation and biggest of all supportive friends that will harass you if you stop logging, and pick you up if you have a bad day. I wish you tons of success on your journey!
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey Jon,

Welcome! I haven't been on here for too long, maybe a few weeks, but so far I love it! You'll find a lot of support here, inspirational stories from other members and just some great people to connect with that all have that common goal. :o)
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Hey Jon! I would suggest breaking down your goal. When I had 100 pounds to lose I focused on 10-20 pounds at a time. It kept me from getting overwhelmed by the big goal.
    Have fun!
  • kgarrettid
    Options
    Good luck Jon! You can do it.....one day, one pound at a time! :bigsmile:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. :) Feel free to add me, so that we can help keep tabs on each other.
  • zhillsgirl
    Options
    I have lost 150 lbs and have about 130 to go in order to meet my recommended BMI... but I feel great now. Take it in small increments. Dont look at it as "200lbs to loose" . Take it 25lbs at a time. Get involved with an exercise group. I know that Zumba seems like it is just for girls, but it is not. It will get your heart rate up, it stengthens your core muscles and improves coordination and agility. I persuaded my "special someone" to join me and he loves it! He hates exercise..he loves the attention of being the only guy in the class if anything..LOL. I Zumba two hours at a time and burn off about 1000 calories. Also, kickboxing is a great work out and again, improves coodination and stregnthens your core...

Friend me if you like... I have been there...
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    Some things that help me:
    1. finding people "like" me - Women in the 25-35 age range who are around 200 lbs and want to get to the 170ish mark... I feel that having someone who is going through this so similarly is much more beneficial than hearing that Ms. Size2 is 1 lb away from being Ms. Size0 and only had to lose 4lbs in the first place. This site is great for people of ALL sizes, but I don't think my dietary goals and those of someone that little are at all the same and I don't feel like they will understand the small victories. (Walking PAST the breakroom during free cake, shopping in the "normal" department and actually fitting in something)

2. Finding REAL life friends who will do this with you. If nothing else, it helps to have that one @sshole buddy who will slap you on the back of the head and say "Triple Cheeseburger? Really? Did you NEED a triple Cheeseburger???" but only if that person will go... "Well, sounds like you *did* have a crap day at work and I would have had one too... now... let's go run."

3. Friend people who will look at your diary and give you crap when you are way off but still support you. I actually do consider who will see what I eat and it keeps me accountable.

4. LOG EVERYTHING. Don't skip the slip ups because they are embarassing. Don't lie to save calories or to save face. These entries are learning experiences and you can use the binge as a chance to go "okay, trips out of town make me eat like crazy and gain ALL of the weight back in 2 days... next time I will skip 3-4 of the white russians and maybe have a smaller steak."

Best of Luck. The hardest part of any journey is the first step. Congratulations on making that first step!!
  • tkfarmer
    Options
    Hi Jon, I am just starting out with mfp as well and hope to lose at least 130lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other to get there. Its great to find other people with a lot to lose. Mfp is the first thing I really felt can really help me meet my goals. Teresa
  • Liznata
    Options
    Hi!

Congratulations on that first and most important step! I started about 3 weeks ago this journey. I need to lose 130 for health reasons. Feel free to add me as a friend for support or just to talk, we all need that. We are all here for the same reason, and although we all have different goals we can understand what you are going trough.

You can do this!
  • Randallw25
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. you can do it, it wont be easy but it can and will be done. Keep loging in and we will help.
  • lalamcneil
    Options
    feel free to add me...i am looking to lose a total of 150 lbs and still have a long way to go.....everyone here is supportive and it makes it easier when you have friends going thru the same thing.
  • TyraAnnTyriana
    TyraAnnTyriana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello i need to lose 40lbs before my 30th birthday in april..... I've been doing good so far but few days ago I got on the scale and I felt angry with myself I gained two lbs... I'm in need of some motivation to continue my weight lost and I wanna tell u to keep it up ur not alone in this journey!
  • Highlanderlover
    Options
    Hey! I know how you feel ! I need to lose 200 pounds too! All you can do is take one day at a time and don't look at the big picture, make little goals for yourself each month! It will go by so much faster like that!
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Best of luck man, it can be done!! This is a great place to get that motivation and support :) welcome!