WOMEN ONLY!

Options
ugh think im about to start. :( ive already eaten my max calories and its only noon!!!! any tips on how i can NOT GAIN THAT MUCH WEIGHT???

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    drink water and get in a work out (60 min or so).
  • MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I satisfy my hunger with healthy choices, fruit and veggies.

Now my salt cravings I pick nuts as they are more beneficial than potato chips. As for chocolate, well there is not getting around that, but I really limit myself and let it melt in my mouth. Hope that helps
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start also. I'm stocked up on gum and water. Hopefully I can push through the week with working out.
  • Takeahike86
    Takeahike86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find the busier you are or if you exercise, it takes away hunger. I know this is probably not the best alternative, but if I am desperate...Ill drink a cup of coffee....
  • xxxbeckibooxxx
    Options
    i was the like that the first few days that i started. i find that by having breakfast (usually fruit & a yoghurt) n then i have a light snack inbetween that and lunch n then another small snack between lunch and dinner
    you eventually get into a routine where you dont feel as hungry and find you eat less calories.
    it takes getting used to if your used to just eating whatever you want like i did but you will get there in the end just have will power :)
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    I started!
    so far no cravings!
    but i have popped a couple peices of gum
  • cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fit a work out in, drink lots of tea and water. If the chocolate craving kicks in, I sip on skim or soy milk with a tiny tablespoon of rich dark chocolate cocoa. It's 175 cals and it lasts me an hour.
  • LaurenRose2011
    Options
    Hey babe,

Try not to worry so much about your weight right now, and just focus on eating right and drinking enough water, and if you need to go ahead and skip TOM weigh-ins. ;) The Church's wasn't the best idea in the world, but it's not going to kill you. if you eat some more little things throughout the day. Eat fruits and veggies for the rest of the day, or if you rice cakes then eat those. Just don't eat anything else high in fat or sodium.

Good luck sweetie, and don't get down on yourself. :)
  • Beastiephile
    Options
    If you're already at your max calories, just workout so you can get some calories back. Some light cardio might do the trick (walking or light jogging, aerobics, etc).
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Started today, yea for me :grumble:
    So far I have been able to do a tablespoon of peanut butter to satiate my cravings but i am only a day in. personally, cardio makes my cramping worse so it's tough, but i made myself do 20 min today and will do the same the next couple of days.
    I also have been chewing gum like crazy to keep from stuffing my face.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Go for a good workout. Let go of what you've done and try to prepare for the rest of the day/week. I always have one day during TOM where I eat everything, then after that I try to be prepared to minimize the damage. Greek yogurt with fruit is sweet and tangy, salted almonds cover salt cravings and bliss dark chocolate soothes my chocolate needs. I bring specific servings that I can work in to my calories for the day. That helps me keep the damage to a minimum.

Good luck and it'll be done before you know it:heart:
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you're already at your max calories, just workout so you can get some calories back. Some light cardio might do the trick (walking or light jogging, aerobics, etc).

agreed go workout so you can have some dinner :D
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, work out for 50 to 60 minutes. Cut down on the sodium. I am having problems eating all my calories. Hang in there...it does get easier!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    For today, exercise and drink water. Minimise the damage by working what you're going to eat off.
    And then forgive yourself. You're human. You'll mess up.

For tomorrow and forever. Look at your food choices and portion sizes. Start to picking filling foods.
    Healthy foods fill you up quicker and keep you fuller for longer which makes it really hard to go significantly over your calorie limit.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've only been tracking for apx 2 weeks. Over the past weeks I've notice I seem to have better days if I get my work outs in before I start work. I have to keep close track of why I'm eating. I pick up food when for every reason: sad, mad, happy, worried, etc... I eat a lot when I'm bored. On my bad days I focus on drinking 10-12 cups of water. I keep sugar free gym in my cupboards, work out bag, car, purse, and in my desk. I also brush my teeth after each meal. Once I brush my teeth I don't feel like eating anymore. I also keep scope near by to rinse with if I think I'm starving to death. If I still need to eat I fill up with fruits and veggies. I figure if I over eat on calories I'd rather it be fruits/veggies instead of candy. I also plan my meals on the weekend for the next week. If I don't have a plan then at dinner time I tend to pick something up or grab something I don't have the calories for. Hope some of this helps. Each day is a challenge for me but it's getting easier as I go.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    what aggie says and r newton , i started mine yesterday i wanted to munch on everything in sight and everything chocolately ! I get my grazing stage a couple of days before my time of the month then once i am on i am ok .... this time i done a long workout about 60mins and drank loads of water it helped tonnes :-)
  • miriamcpweg
    miriamcpweg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The first week is the hardest to adjust... The stomach can grumble, I know. Eventually your body gets more familiar and you don't get as hungry. Exercise will give you more calorie allowance for the day.
  • trudypickles
    Options
    Im in the same boat this week :( I had a mc donalds breakfast this morning...It had to be done, but I did 60 minuets of cardio later today so I have managed to stay within my calories....Shared a bar of chocolate with my hubby so saved half of the calories there....

Im a big believer that a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

....Is it true that it is typical to gain a pound or two during your period?? my weight loss has definitely stopped this week!

On a plus note I read somewhere the other day that if you work out during this challenging week us women will burn fat easier due to the hormones floating around....so its not all bad news x
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    Also remember that you have a calorie deficit. Depending on what your weekly goal is, that deficit is 500-1000 calories per day, so as long as you don't go over that limit too, you should at least not gain weight (theoretically).

And don't forget that a lot of people benefit from having the occasional "crazy" day to keep their metabolism guessing, and that you're "good" for the most part. Don't be too hard on yourself and remember that this particular circumstance will go away soon. :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    EXERSICE!