Healthy Super Bowl appetizers??

Options
With the Superbowl right around the corner, and I'm sure most of us are attending some kind of party, especially us Packer fans, does anyone know of any quick and healthy appetizers I could make and bring to my friend's party so I have something to munch on while everyone's hitting the chips and taco dip?

Replies

• jaedre
    jaedre Posts: 22
    Options
    good question. my approach was eating 50 cal less each day this week and using sunday as my cheat day. that way i can enjoy some wings without worrying lol
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Good approach jaedre!

I saw a few people post some kick-*kitten* recipes the last few days for Sunday....there was a sausage ball one, and the one I'm most hyped about was these baked jalepeno poppers...like 50 cals per popper, awesome!!!
  • calvarado
    Options
    Well, those of us trying to keep it healthy in Steeler Nation are trying out all kinds of veggies with hummus- We're gonna try sliced jicama in place of chips.. and I'm making up lighter and healthier versions of appetizers and main dishes... bagel thins are great way to may personal pizzas... kabobs are always great and super easy.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Get some FAT FREE sour cream & mix with HIDDEN VALLEY FIESTA RANCH dip. Serve with a veggie tray. The dip: 2 level tablespoons=25 calories.
  • jaedre
    jaedre Posts: 22
    Options
    Good approach jaedre!

I saw a few people post some kick-*kitten* recipes the last few days for Sunday....there was a sausage ball one, and the one I'm most hyped about was these baked jalepeno poppers...like 50 cals per popper, awesome!!!

Thanks Bro!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well, those of us trying to keep it healthy in Steeler Nation are trying out all kinds of veggies with hummus- We're gonna try sliced jicama in place of chips.. and I'm making up lighter and healthier versions of appetizers and main dishes... bagel thins are great way to may personal pizzas... kabobs are always great and super easy.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

I love jicama! It makes a great dipper.